Mike was telling me about a funny thing Bethany said to her grandpa today. She was talking to him on the phone and telling him that she had to take cold medicine. Apparently it made her "Home sick". Of course her grandpa asked her what she meant and she explained that Michelle has gotten car sick and the medicine makes her home sick...so I guess home sick means it makes you throw up at home. (Mike correct me if I have re-told this story wrong). She's so funny. I was tryng to lure her to come to my house for the weekend. I told her to go to the airport and get on a plane right now and to come to my house. She said she couldn't because she has school tomorrow and she can't fly in an airplane without her mom, dad and sister until she's a teenager. I started telling her about all the goodies I had in my cupboards (red jello, She HAD to know what color it was before she could come over, peanuts "Oh I love peanuts" she said), and I also had ice cream in the freezer, but, as much as this child love ice cream (she's definitely MY niece), I couldn't talk her into it. One of the best parts of the phone conversation was hearing them both say "I love you Auntie Katie!!!!" Mike also asked me something that was so great. He simply asked me (in reference to my living separate from Thomas) "Are you happy?" Without hesitation I said yes. And it's true. I feel like I am more myself. I was talking to a couple people at work and noticed that the real Katie has once again made an appearance into the world. I'm goofy, dorky, silly, etc again and it FEELS GOOD!!!!! It's good to be me again!!!! I'd gotten so wrapped up in trying to be what someone else felt I should be. How did I let that happen? Never again. I love having friends, I love going to the Karaoke bar with Renata and Mike, I love not having to fold the laundry immediatley after the dryer goes off, I love staying up until 3 am if I want to. YAY ME!!!!! Ok it's late and I need sleep. Thanks for letting me brag about my nieces...yet again.
Thursday, October 07, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Keep bragging about them! Nieces rock!
it is your blog! write what you want... we enjoy greatly hearing how your nieces keep you smiling...
Post a Comment