I don't know where to start with this post. There was alot that happened yesterday and it was all soooooo good. I guess, I need to kind of break it all down (insert rap music here)
I got a package in the mail yesterday!!! Derek sent me some pictures so I now have him on my dining room table (aka Computer desk) and also 6 CD's that he burnt for me. I'm still trying to listen to all of them. I've made it through 3 so far!!!! Whew. I got the Duran Duran Album, some mellow Pearl Jam and then 3 CD's of a bunch of songs I picked. One is purely a love song CD. Right now I am listening to "Katie's Mix Vol 2" and "Blaze of Glory" is playing. I love this dang song. I remember sitting in my living room just drooling over how hot Jon Bon Jovi looked in this video. I can't believe I used to think that long hair looked good on a guy!!! I was just telling my brother, Johny and Derek that Jonny Damon from the Sox needs a haircut and Bryan and I were laughing last night over the fact that about 15 guys I graduated with had mullets (Hey, it was 1992 give em a break). I love my CD's and I am so happy Derek burned and sent them.
Winnie turned 39 yesterday. Wow 39. Next yr I will have a sister in her 40's. That sounds so weird. I remeber when she turned 30 and I thought that was crazy. Now I'm 30!!!! My family is getting older. (sigh) I've been told that your 30's are the greatest years and that it only gets better as you get older. I've been having some trouble with my knees so if aches and pains are better than dealing with the ending of a crappy relationship, divorce, stresses of buying the Beetle, then I welcome all aches, pains, and potential surgeries with open arms. Shoot, I remember when my dad was in his late 40's and now my family is hitting that age range. It's just really weird to me.
Bryan, one of my former Confirmation students who was adopted as the little brother of the "Group" way back in the days of my St. Matthews years, came over yesterday. He was in need of prayer and guidance. We hadn't seen each other in over a yr and so we had realized how much of each others lives we'd missed. He's been through alot of crap over the last few yrs and has sort of lost his faith a little. We had planned on going to the movies but after hearing how he was struggling with his faith, I decided to take him to St. Dorothy's to pray before the Blessed Sacrament. He said he felt such a sense of peace and we had a really good talk about where he wants to be and what he has to do to get there. We sang some great songs on the way home. Mostly Church songs. I told him I'd take him to confession today. Lord knows I need to go too. He may even go to Mass with me tomorrow. We just goofed off for the rest of the night. He works on the Jungle Cruise at Disneyland and he gave Derek and I (I called Derek for the sole purpose of listening to Bryan give his speech) a sample of his Jungle Cruise Speech. I love the Jungle cruise jokes. They are soooo corny; "over here we have Sam, business is a little slow for Sam (he's a statue holding 2 shrunken heads), so he's running a special this week. Two of his heads....for one of yours" (Insert laughs here) "Either way you look at it, you come out a head" Oh man, those are the dorkiest jokes, but I laugh every time and to hear Bryan do it...is even funnier.
This morning I woke up to Derek's voice over the phone. He woke me up!!! Man he's much better than my clock radio!!!! I love you Tigger!!!
I'm off to the Chiropractor, then to Cursillo to help set up for Agape, then to confession and then to Karaoke. My life is so crazy!!!!!!! It's great!!!!
Prayer request: Can "y'all" keep Karen in your prayers? Her Grandma is pretty ill and it doesn't look good right now. Also, Bryan as well. He needs lots of prayers right now. Thanks..........
Saturday, October 23, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey I had a mullet in the fall/winter of 2001. And a really dirty mustache. All I needed was a non-descript white van and some aviator glasses, and I'd be the prime child molester. Luckily for me the parents of the Jr and Sr Highers I was working with didn't care too much.
It was a phase. I don't think I'll willingly do that again. Unless I lose a bet or something.
Mullets.......I guess I shouldn't ever show you pics of me circa the summer of 1996 into 1997, huh?
Post a Comment