Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Play the game that's sweeping the nation

It's time for picking Katie's brain!! (insert applause here)

So the last few months have given me the opportunity to really think, think, think. Oh Bother!!! And for those of you who tell me I overanalyze things, well here we go in random order of my thoughts:

1) Katie has a "thing" about having to go a certain way up and down the aisles at the grocery store. At Albertsons I start at the bakery end and go up that aisle, down the next so it's like a zig zag. If I forget something and have to go the opposite direction, then it just feels very weird and wrong. I quickly rush through the aisle to get what I want and then get back on track. OCD? Maybe, but then no one ever said anyone in my family was normal, so.....

2) My brother in law, Mike, is the most logical person I know in the world. When I have questions about anything he offers me a very objective opinion. He's very honest and doesn't pull any punches and does not try to rationalize anything so as to make it fit my lifestyle. He just says it like it is. I love my brother in law more than he knows. He's a great dad, a very patient husband and he owns a very cool walking, talking R2D2!!!!!

3) Raspberry pop tarts should be consumed on a semi regular basis.

4) Boys are like Lava lamps. They are hot, nice to look at, but not very bright, ok so I stole that from the YS forums. It's funny and after I heard it I was laughing and I thought about how true it really is. Then again the guys could come up with soemthing I am sure about us girls.

5) Vacuuming is fun. Even though it scares the cats. It's fun looking at a clean carpet. I'd rather vacuum my entire floor than ever have to go back to sweeping and mopping a hardwood floor every other day. Hardwood floors are nice because cat puke can be cleaned up off it easily, but it sucks because, I said so.

6) Here is my analysis of all my new found and long time friends:
H: I need to get drunk with her and watch her do cartwheels in the front yard.
Karen: I need to go to Rainforest cafe with her, without a "lava lamp". Then we need to go to See's candy and pig out. She on toffee-ette, me on Chocolate covered peanut brittle bars
Renata: She needs to not be late to karaoke because Mike doesn't drink without her and then he can't sneak my schmirnoff twisted into the bar for me.
Shean: The only one who can sing "One Week" almost better than the Barenaked Ladies themselves. Also the only person who truly "appreciated" my "cat butt stinks" ordeal (I'll explain further down the blog here)
Derek: The only guy I know who can find a picture of Holiday Barbie online, only this Holiday Barbie looked like a skanky barbie disguised as a barbie trying hard to be classy. OMG Derek, that was such a funny picture. Did they really pay someone to take such a bad picture?
Andrew: My hero......ok, that's laying it on a bit thick, but I love my new blog. Oh and he's going to be published!!!! His letter to the editor of his college newspaper will be published soon....so GO YOU!!!!

7) CAT BUTT STINKS!!!! I was lying in bed yesterday and as usual, Latte gets in my face. He's so cute!!! Anyway I'm stretching and I go to turn and stretch my back (I'm on my side stretching at this point). So, he plops down next to me and when I turn to face him and stretch the other side of my back...my face is practically in his butt and it DID NOT SMELL GOOD!!! So I called Shean to tell him cat butt stinks. Then I called Derek to tell him too, cause I had to share such a gross dicovery with someone.....Oh man. It was awful. I must say they were good sports and laughed about it so I wouldn't feel like an idiot. I'm still laughing at it this morning. Poor Latte


5 comments:

Derek said...

The new blog is cool! Multiple mentions of me are cool, too! Why'd you have to tell everyone about the Barbie thing, though? :-P

Katie said...

Cause I can. I thought it was funny!!!!!

'neice said...

Oh suuuree....add derek's blog and Ang's but not mine. I see how it is! :)

Love the Mickey template. We have got to go to DCA and D-land next time I am there. I need my Tower of Terror fix!

Andrew Seely said...

So you've been working on my template all day right???
Since I want a new one and stuff...
Although I do not have a quirk about how I go down the grocery aisles, I do enjoy midnight trips to the market. There's something about being there that late and night and just wandering around for a while and most likely not even buying anything...or atleast anything that I need.

Katie said...

Sure thing Andrew, are we going for the "screwed up" look on yours??? I agree late night shopping trips are the best cause I don't have to worry about others shopping carts getting in my way and long lines and screaming children in the candy aisle.