Sunday, October 10, 2004

AH-HA!!!!!!

I love Ah-ha moments. I haven't had one in a while so putting this one into words may be a bit difficult.

Last week at youth group, I asked the kids if they were chewers or holders when it came to receiving Eucharist. One thing I always remembered growing up was that my dad told us we were not to chew the body of Christ, but to allow it to dissolve and to pray as we held Him within us. Sitting in the front row to the left of the church last week, I was observing that many people are chewers. For a crazy reason, it just boggled my mind. Maybe because once I receive the Body and blood I hold it in my mouth and pray that His body and blood will fill my entire being and I will emmulate His life. This was going through my head as I walked back to my seat this morning and I prayed and concentrated for the first time in a very long time. It was such a blessing and a wonderful feeling. As I was leaving the parking lot, on my way to Smart & Final ("Save time and money, shop like a pro" LOL), I remembered a cute moment I had with Michelle. One day when I was visiting them in May, we decided to walk to Daddy's work to "pick him up". Right before we went through the gate to the property of Mike's work, Michelle stopped to say hello to "Mama Mary, Baby Jesus and Big Jesus". She looked at the nativity statues and then went over to the Sacred Heart statue. She said her hello's and we went through the gate to the property. I asked her where daddy worked and she said "Behind Jesus". Mike's office is literally behind the Sacred Heart Statue. Those words lingered for a minute in my head this morning. "Behind Jesus" and then AH HA!!!! I received the body and blood this morning (which, after a yr. of not doing so, is more powerful than anything in my life), and through the acceptance of Him into my body, I no longer work "behind" him, I work through Him, With Him and in Him!!! He in me!!!! With that I am able to fight off the the "burning arrows" that Satan LIVES to throw at me. But I have a higher source that strengthens me and enables me to withstand the powers of sin and darkness. AH HA!!!! God is so good to me.

1 comment:

Derek said...

Very awesome......how very awesome God is when He "reveals" Himself to us like that.