Life is good, you all know that!!!! If you can believe it, Derek and I actually got a decent amount of sleep last night. Well, I did at least. Derek got up early to go to work. It's ok, he'll sleep tonight until I get home from work.
I need to start working on Jr. High youth ministry stuff today. I am hoping to have a proposal, of sorts for Jr. High Bible Study to begin in January. I'm feeling a bit frustrated as I have not found my niche with the kids just yet. I know these things will take time. I am so impatient!!! I want to just click with the kids and have fun!!! I want YG to grow, but that will take time. Even though Fr and Marge have told me that I will not be compared to Teresa, I feel as though the kids do it anyway. Not all of them, just a few. I do know they really liked her. I wish I could have seen her interact with them, just so I'd know what she did to build such close relationships with them. I am me though and my relations with these kids will be different with time. I should be talking to more of the Jr. high kids as they come for classes, but I'm a dork and I never know what to say. I hate the shy aspect of me. I need to stop being so hard on myself about all of this. Building these relationships will take time. I can't complain, I am building relationships with Eric, Mark, Amanda, Cynthia, Chika.....it's the "in" crowd part of the group that I am struggling with. One of the kids, Gabe, is so moody and hard to read. His mom is VERY good friends with Teresa, so I allow myself to be intimidated by that. Suck it up and Deal with it I guess.
Last Sunday was Bill's, my 7th grade teacher, bday. He was not in class last Monday because he was in South Carolina for work, so tonight we are surprising him and singing and having cupcakes in his class. LOL That sounds so elementary!!!! But he'll get a kick out of it. Of all my teachers, I think Bill is one of my favorites. He's just really mellow, down to earth and like Derek, he can really just roll with the punches. He is so easy to tease.
I'm having some serious Disneyland withdrawls. I need my Disney fix. It's terrible. I have not been to Disneyland in almost 2 yrs and Ca Adventure since May. However, I did not ride TOT while there so I still need a dual park fix!!!! We may go for New Years Eve, as long as Bryan can get us in that day. I need to call him about that. I am for sure going Dec 4th with Crystal and Debora. YAY Disneyland here I come!!!!!
Monday, October 25, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment