I've always despised people who leave their phones on in inappropriate places, only to have them ring in the middle of something important. Example? This morning during Mass someones phone rang, not once but TWICE!!! Um, yea, didn't you turn it off the first time? I always have my phone off in situations like that. I never want to be in the middle of Mass, or a meeting and have to say "Oh that's my phone!!" Or have lots of people staring at me as my phone rings up a storm.
I became one of "those people" today. After bible study the kids and I were sitting around, singing. We were making up a funny song, line by line. We'd take turns adding "verses". It was fun. I decided Derek needed to hear the wonderful song we were singing about our house burning down 3 days ago. I didn't get through to him. So, I go off to talk to a couple of youth and the phone rings. "Oh that's my phone" said I.....but, UGH it wasn't Derek and I felt so sad. It was someone else, I didn't want to talk to. All I wanted was to talk to Derek. So voicemail for the drunk guy!!!!!!
On my way home I talked to Derek and a couple of his youth. I love hearing his voice on the phone. I love hearing him interact with his youth. I love the laughter that comes from all of them together. I love hearing them call him Tigger. I love.....love.....love....lots of things right now. I love my life. I love that I have someone who understands what I love doing for a living because he does it too and he knows how crazy things get. I love that I can call him and say "Hey I have this idea for my youth group, what do you think?" I love the Theresa gets all excited about hearing about him and can't wait to see pictures of him next week. I love that I want to talk to him every free moment that I have. I love that his youth want to talk to me and that they are all into doing silly things I tell them to do to him (call him Tigger, punch him in the arm....very high schoolish, I know) I love feeling like a kid and totally being myself around him.......Thank you God.....
Sunday, October 17, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yup--God is good. You're the Greatest! Love you.
Post a Comment