Thursday, October 14, 2004

I got pissed, but now I'm over it

As I am sitting here before my computer, Latte is on my lap begging for attention. It is rare that he jumps on my lap while I am online. Usually, he's laying at my feet under the table. Right now he is making it difficult to type as he is rubbing his head on my arms and the table. It's great. I love when cats do this...ok love time is over, he just jumped down.

Yesterday could have been disasterous. I got quite the nasty phone call from a youth telling me that because we will not be having Life Teen at St. Lorenzo's, that basically youth group "SUCKS". I can't believe how rude this kid was. This sparked some curiosity in me and I talked to Marge about it and also told her about a party I had heard about that was thrown recently (as in THIS PAST SATURDAY) for Teresa, the former YM there. Now, I can understnad having a party before she left, but uh, HELLO this is a month and a half later and I have a sneaking suspision that 1) she wants to find out what is going on now that she is gone 2) that she is still emailing the kids about personal stuff and she is STILL working for the Diocese and emailing the kids about anything other than church related activities and what not is AGAINST THE RULES.

Fr. knew about the party and was NOT happy. Let me tell you this, you never, never NEVER want to be on his bad side. He is Irish!!! Enough said. The parent who allowed this party at her home is a psychologist and Fr said "She should know better than to confuse the kids like that." She's now on the Poo Poo list.

Needless to say I was PISSED (cause I suspect she is talking to her select group and playing Sherlock Holmes....she DOESN'T want to mess with THIS Irishwoman). Thank God for special people who listen, who care and who are willing to offer advice, make me laugh, and TOTALLY understand me. Wow, there is a concept. Someone in my life who "get's it". Who, knows the struggles I face as a YM and as a single person just trying to heal. What a nice feeling. Thank you God for the awesome person you have brought into my life to show me that there is hope.

I miss my girls. Yes, I know I complain about this all the time, but I was telling Derek some stories about Bethany (like I always do) and I just started to hurt. I miss seeing those beautiful faces. I Want to have slumber parties!!! (Sigh)I miss the hugs and feeling pure, unconditional love from them. That's what's great about kids, they love you no matter what. I miss my babies!!!!

I have to do traffic school online. Not looking forward to it. My lease is up soon on the car and I'm stressed beyond belief about it. I hope I don't start stressing too much. It's not good and I know God will see me through this. UGH...I need a hug. Yea, it's getting close to that "time" cause I'm feeling a little low right now. GRRRRRR

2 comments:

johny b said...

katie.. i'lll be praying for you concerning all this stress..

johny b

Derek said...

{{{Katie}}} There you go--best I can offer. Just remember there's ALWAYS hope. Thanks for the mention. :-)