Friday, October 08, 2004

Movies, Chili's, late nights and cute kids

Today was sooooo fun. After a late night/early morning conversation which ended at 6:45am (and was VERY scintillating), I went to bed only to wake up at 11:30am. I arranged to pick up movie tickets from Debora and then headed out to Corona to see Sandi, Jasmine, Noah and my adopted Mom. For those of you who don't know, I met my friend Kim in the 9th grade when I moved to Corona. We were instant friends. I used to go to her house ALL the time. Talk about some crazy afternoons. We were always laughing, always joking about Mike Burroughs (the guy from church I was "in love with"). We had so much fun. Kim has 4 sisters. It wasn't until Julie was confirmed that I became more close to her and her younger sister, Sandi. As time went on, her parents "adopted" me and I am now refered to as, "The 6th daughter". I love this family soooo much. Sandi just had a baby boy 4 weeks ago. So, I went out there to meet him. Last time I saw Jasmine (her 3 yr old) she was shy and would hardly talk to me. Today I walked in and she RAN to me saying "Katie, you're here" And she hugged me so tight. It was so precious. I got to hold Noah and talk with Mom and Sandi and Jasmine begged me to play in her playhouse with her. I felt bad because I couldn't stay long enough to play. I told Sandi I would stop by Sat when everyone is there. Julie is coming from South Dakota and surprising her parents. So all the sisters will be at the house and I get to be there too. YAY!!!!! I picked Bryan and Jon up and we went to Chili's for dinner. Our waitress kept giving the boys updates on the Angel game. Sadly we will not be going to the ALCS as Boston beat us 7-6 tonight. I'm sad. Excuse me while I cry in my cherrios. After dinner, and after 3 cute waitresses sang Happy Birthday to Bryan, we went to see "Shark Tale". I wasn't impressed with it, but Bryan liked it and that is all that matters. We then went to have our pictures taken in one of those photo booths and they came out cute. All B&W. Jon is actually smiling in one and he NEVER smiles. He looks great. Then it was off to the sporting good store. Jon is ready to play baseball now. So he wanted to check out catchers gloves. He's so cute about the whole thing. I told him not to worry about buying catcher gear until his coach assigns the positions on the team. I told him it's a little different from soccer. I know he will do well. Tomorrow I am having dinner with friends and then it's off to Karaoke!!!! I may sing again, not sure.....I'm a big chicken. We'll see.

2 comments:

'neice said...

I was sooooooo bummes the Angels lost! I was glued to the TV. Washburn...I could have told themwhat would happen if they put him in...TROY is the closer for a REASON!

Katie said...

Deniece, I agree 100%!!! In fact Jon said "Why don't they put Percy in?" We were a little more than frustrated with yesterdays game.