It caused me to stop and think at how true this is. Most of you know all the crap I've had to go through throughout my life with my mom leaving, my dad being ill (and eventually passing away when I was 17), my brother (that relationship is on the mend FINALLY), the relationship woes, my sister's aneurysm, my sister moving, my screwed up life the last 12 months, and the list goes on and on. Yet through it all they have been my rock. God has sent people into my life to help see me through the rough times. Alot of times I hear kids saying that they do not hear God talking to them. The one thing I pray is that they hear Him through the people He brings to them. So many times when I thought things weren't going to work out, I've asked Mary to intercede for me and pray for me. Sure enough, what I needed was taken care of (i.e. my job, my apt etc).
I remember doing a "Who is Jesus" type retreat once. We passed out this paper that said "Jesus as I know Him". What we had to do what describe who Jesus is to us: eye color, nickname, hobbies, occupation, etc. Almost everytime my answer for nickname was "The Big JC" funny because I never call him that!!! So why did I write it everytime??? The one thing I did write was that his occupation was "best friend" and that is what he is.....Now, non believers will laugh at this and say "How can you be best friends with someone you've never met?" Hmmm, seems to me that alot of us are friends with people on the internet, and that's not wierd? Oooooook.....but how many of those internet friends will die for you? How many of them after 2000+ yrs will STILL BE TALKED ABOUT and will STILL have a huge impact on the world? There are over 400 people on the YS forums that I go to daily, half of them do not know my name or have not spoken to me...but Jesus knows my name and he speaks to me daily. I just have to listen.
What more could you ask for with these three on your side???
2 comments:
Can't ask for much more with that posse. I'm glad you're part of mine, too!
I'm sure I'll be remembered as an internet guy 2000 yrs from now.
Post a Comment