Friday, October 15, 2004

Amazing things happen

Tonight I had a leadership meeting. I knew we needed to gather and just pray. I knew we could not be successful without being in the chapel, together, praying, spending time with Jesus. A, was joking that he wanted to "Pray tomorrow". Because he had brought his IB homework to work on. I told him, "Don't put off till tomorrow, what you can do today." Of course I knew he was joking. It was just funny. Once C got there, we headed over to the Chapel. It was so great to see 10+ youth going over to the church and cramming into the small chapel. The prayer went a little something like this:

"One Solitary Life"
" 'He was born in a stable, in an obscure village, the child of a peasant woman. He worked in a carpenters shop until he was thirty. He never traveled more than 200 miles from his home.

He Never wrote a book. He never held office. He never had a family or owned a home. He did none of the things associated with greatness.

He became a nomadic preacher. He was only 33 when the tide of popular opinion turned against him. He was betrayed by a close friend, and his other friends ran away. He was turned over to his enemies and went through the mockery of a trial. He was unjustly condemed to death, crucified on a cross between two thieves, on a hill overlooking the town dump. And when dead, was laid in a borrowed grave, through the pity of a friend.

Centuries have come and gone, all the armies that ever marched, all the navies that have ever sailed, all the parliaments that ever sat, and all the kings that ever reigned have not affected the life of man on this earth as that One Solitary Life

He is the central figure of the human race, He is the Messiah, the Son of God, Jesus Christ'

It all begins here! Without Christ's love, life and sacrifice, we would have no foundation on which to build our faith, our community (parish), our youth ministry. Our purpose would have no meaning if this one man had not come into this world and given his last breath, his life, for our sins.

Think of Christ as a very gracious and understanding person, quite near to you. Talk to Him now in your mind.......The longest distance one travels is from the head to the heart. Allow these thoughts to do just that, travel to your heart........

You can only know Him personally by personal fellowship, and that means, as it would with any person, by conversation. Soeak to Him......and listen"

Then Christian sang:
Hungry I come to You
For I know You satisfy
I am empty but I know
Your love does not run dry
So I wait for You
So I wait for You

I'm falling on my knees
Offering all my needs
Jesus You're all
This heart is living for

Broken I run to You
For Your arms are open wide
I am weary but I know Your touch
Restores my life
So I wait for You
So I wait for You

The rest of the meeting was crazy....but this moment was incredible. It was one of those moments where you knew eveyone was deep in prayer and some in awe. You didn't know when to break the silence and continue to the meeting room. it was a beautiful moment spent with my teens!!!! C's voice was incredible. He'd make millions as a Christian singer......my kids are so talented and I am so blessed to work with them.

No comments: