Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Why, Why, Why?

There are just a couple things I've been thinking about the last few days and I just want to know why......I want an answer, however God seems to be taking His sweet time in returning my messages. Oh, believe me I have patience, but I wish He'd hurry already......

1) Why is it that when I can't have something, I want it that much more? Even though the person spells it out as to why I can't have what I want, it makes the desire for that one thing greater? This I don't understand. It goes along with, why do I do dumb things to prevent me from having what I want. Are you confused yet? Good, so am I. I know I have alot of healing to do, but man......

2) Why is it that we women have to work and work and work at looking good all the time, and guys, well most of them, hmmm, one in particular whom I saw this past weekend (insert evil grin here) get better with age? It's not fair, and why do the ones who get better with age make your heart go pitter patter and then we have to go back to "why" question #1 again.

3) Why is the elepahnt man stomping around all the time? Does he have lead feet? Why did he feel the need to pour water on the patio and sweep it onto my patio down below. The man is going to die one of these days as a result of my cats scratching his eyeballs out. If you see a white or orange cat on the 11 o'clock news....please erase from your memory, the fact that I have an orange and a white cat (ok, I'm not going to kill the guy but sheesh he's loud)

4) Why can't I flipping figure out how to make this blog look cool? H has tried to walk me through it but I'm about as computer savvy as an old person learning to get on the computer for the first time. Come on man, I just want it to be cool and interesting here

5) Why can't I build a transporter that works and really transports me to any part of the world I want to go to? I so could have had some great Auntie time today in Alabama followed by a fun night at the Karaoke Bar in Sacramento!!!

6) Why are 22 yr olds catty? I called Shean the other night and his friend (also named Katie) got all mad because she saw my name on his phone, and he answered it. I don't know this girl...why does she hate me???

7) Why are Cookies and Twix so darn good that I want to eat the whole package in one sitting? I love the person who came up with the idea, but my goodness, I'm going to gain 50lbs just from eating them!!!!

8) Why do I sound like a whiner tonight? Probably because I am soooo bored and I want to go out to the movies and I want to see Ladder 49 but I have no one to go with and I refuse to go alone. That sucks, it's like going to dinner alone.....ewwww. Wait Ladder 49 comes out Friday...well still I want to go.

In other news, I met with D & C tonight about our Gathering on Sunday. We're talking about the Gospel reading from Luke 17 5-10. Jesus talks about faith being the size of a mustard seed . We came up with some great ideas for the afternoon and we're all completley excited. I'll post all the details on Sunday after it all happens. It was such a great meeting. We're going to use "Meant to Live" by switchfoot as one of the songs in the beginning of the night. In the reading Jesus talks about a servant doing what he was asked to do by his master and being happy with doing the work. This sparked a "Well there are two themes here and how do they relate to each other" somehow we got the tag line "Suck it up and deal with it". We talked about how having a little faith meant God would entrust you with large tasks. Like the servants we are called to do His work. And we may think we aren't doing much but in the Lords eyes we have been very profitable. So we may not feel like what we are being asked to do by God is "big" or "great" but we need to do it with love and understanding. Sometimes we may have to do meanial tasks. Anyway........we're going to use real mustard seeds and we're going to talk about increasing our faith, and when we loose it how do we find it. We're going to end the afternoon in prayer before the blessed sacrament because it is through Jesus' sacrifice of body and blood that we can increase our faith.....Whew, didn't I say I'd save this for Sunday? Yea, ok I lied. Bless me Father for I have sinned............

2 comments:

Andrew Seely said...

Katie, as your blogging friend and fellow youth person, I think you need to read and listen to your own blog. You answered your own question to "why" with the statement "suck it up and deal with it". God's provisions are always sufficent for our needs, I hate how I always am not content with God meeting my needs and always wanting to find more than what he's already provided.

Andrew Seely said...

Katie, as your blogging friend and fellow youth person, I think you need to read and listen to your own blog. You answered your own question to "why" with the statement "suck it up and deal with it". God's provisions are always sufficent for our needs, I hate how I always am not content with God meeting my needs and always wanting to find more than what he's already provided.