After being away from the Church for a year I thought I had really lost touch with my faith and mostly with God. I went into my job nervous and doubtful that I would fulfill the needs and hopes of my superiors. With some confidence in myself and full trust in God.....I took on the challlenge before me.
Sunday I have my second meeting with the kids. I have decided to really focus this meeting on setting objectives/goals and an eventual plan. One that won't happen over night but will be a gradual process to build on the current foundation of Youth Ministry at St. Lorenzo Ruiz. I'm not a miracle worker, so I cannot promise them the universe. I can promise to work hard to foster and nurture their faith formation and development in the Parish Community. I also want to work with them on team work and recognizing their gifts, as well as affirming them and them affirming one another. One of the things I want to do is a meditation. I had a rough outline of one that we had done at St. Matthew's, during an Amazing Encounter (retreat) and decided to write it in my own words (since I had not gotten a copy from Ramie). I did this at St. John Neumann, used it on retreat and thought I had saved it to one of the disks I had. When I pulled it up on Word at the office today I noticed I only had the beginning. I panicked. I came home, went to the store(I loathe WalMart in La Puente) and came back only to procrastinate and make up excuses for not writing this meditation again. I went online and chatted with Karen, posted on a scrapbooking messageboard, and finally got offline, rescued the cats from jumping over the patio wall, and relaxed. I listened to a few Michael W. Smith songs, as well as "My Heart Will Go On". I really put myself in a pretty deep prayerful mode. One I hadn't seen in a while....a long while. Then I sat at the computer. I opened Word and waited for God to speak through me......nah, nothing yet, so I played a few games of solitaire. Finally......I knew it was time. I began to type and type and type. Pausing only for a few moments to gather the endless stream of thoughts. When I was finished,I re-read it as if I were reading it to the kids, made a couple of changes and let out a HUGE thank you. I felt a sense of relief, a sense that I am where God needs me to be. I am doing his work.........It's amazing when one allows God to speak freely through them!!!
God is Good
Saturday, September 11, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment