I had a really fun day today. First and foremost I went to Mass. Well, let me rewind a few minutes. I stopped at Hollywood video to pick up Seabiscuit. My nephews have never seen the movie and I figured since I was going over there and we were BBQ'ing...why not. It's a GREAT movie!!!! Well, it felt like a race against time trying to go to the video store and make it to Mass in time. I get to New Releases and don't see the movie, I go to the drama section, still no movie. So I ask the guy who worked there for help. He takes me over to New releases and right in front of me. DUH!!! I felt like the blonde I really am. Needless to say I made it to Mass with 9 minutes to spare.
One rule I learned long ago, but have YET to follow is: Never go grocery shopping hungry. My brother told me all I needed to being today for our BBQ was Dr. Pepper. No problem, right? WRONG. I bought strawberries because I knew my nephews LOVE them. Plus, I bought chips and salsa!!! Oy vey!!! Oh and I bough cheese because I wanted nacho's. I get to my brothers and we start watching "Blue Collar Comedy Tour: the Movie" Let me tell you that is one funny show. I watched it yesterday but OMG the second time around...it's funnier. I realized that everyone in my family is a redneck....except me. Just kidding.
My brother is a HUGE NASCAR fan so the hype of the day was watching the race at 4pm. Now, I love football, baseball, tennis, but I am by far not the biggest NASCAR fan. WHAT is the big deal about watching cars race round and round a 2 mile track 250 times? And what is with all these points? Just too confusing. My brother and the boys HATE Jeff Gordon. So....I started cheering for him. My 7 yr old nephew immediately looked at me and said "Get out" and pointed at the door!!! I told him I'm taking the strawberries with me and he decided to let me stay. My SIL likes Dale Ernhardt Jr. So we kept calling him her boyfriend. I told my nephew that his mom was going to marry him. He got really excited. So, I said wait, what are we going to do with your dad? He said "Kick him out" I said "Well then I won't be your Aunt anymore" He said "We're only kicking my dad out of the house, we can still come visit you" I know he was joking, and it was sooooo funny. He and his brother both have a plan for me.....I'm going to marry David Eckstein of the Angels so they can go to Angel games for free forever. It;s a good thing X is cute I guess.
After we BBQ'ed and my brother really started to get into the race, we headed for the pool. I had never been swimming with my nephews. It was soooooooo much fun. So much fun in fact that my nephew asked me to go with them to their friends house to swim tomorrow afternoon. The best part WE'RE BBQ'ing!!!! I love BBQ'ed hot dogs and I love the smell of BBQ's.....I think because they bring back such great memories of when I was growing up and we'd go to our family friends to BBQ. I'd swim all day, eat drink tons of soda and my dad and his friends would play poker into the wee hours of the morning. Those were the days. The son of our family friend would come home from college and to kill time while our families would be gambling their nickels and quarters (or as they say in New England "Qwahtah's"), we'd go to Shakey's, the movies, and sometimes of my sister could get us in, we'd got to Disneyland...or we'd "night swim" Good times, good times.
OH!!! The best part of today??? I found out I am going to a USC football game at the L.A. Memorial coliseum!!! Whoooo hoooooooooo GO TROJANS!!!!!! It will be my Nephews, my brother and I. My SIL gets the day to herself. She's pretty excited. I can't wait!!! I LOVE USC. Plus we get to walk around the Campus and I'm taking TONS of pictures of the school I always dreamed of going to....but never did. YAY YAY YAY I can't wait!!!!
So I am off to enjoy one more BBQ and have fun swimming with my nephews tomorrow!!!! Life is pretty good!!!!
Sunday, September 05, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment