It feels so good to root for USC again. Over the last yr. my love for USC has been met with put downs and an avid HATE for "anything L.A." So loving USC and the Angels was looked down upon. Freeeeedoooooooommmm!!!!! Tonight I went to the USC vs Colorado State game. We blew them out 49-0!!!! It was my first time at the L.A. Coliseum (Site of the 1984 Olympics) and my first time at a football game with my nephews. We had a blast!!!!! They even lit the torch during the 4th quarter (no, not my nephews)....very cool. Prior to the game, we walked around the campus, littered with beer bottles, trash etc from students partying before the game, and made our way to the bookstore. I bought my first ever USC t-shirt and I think the next time I have to see Thomas (to sign tax papers) I'm going to wear it just to piss him off. The USC campus is so incredibly huge and absolutley gorgeous. It's just too bad it's in a bad, crime ridden, gross city such as L.A. I have grown up in So. Cal and I personally do not see what everyone finds so fascinating about Los Angeles. It's gross, congested, and unsafe.
At any rate, the guys played exceptionally well and I had a blast!!!! Because parking is so bad in the area we had to park at Staples Center (Home of the Lakers and Kings) and ride the shuttle to the Coliseum. After the game we decided we didn't want to wait 45 mins for the shuttle and WALKED 4.99 miles from the staduim to Staples. Man was that tiring. I think I've done enough walking to last me a yr. I'm a wimp, sorry. Though I have walked greater distances. I walked from Sears Tower to Navy Pier a few years ago in Chicago. But at least Chicago is a nicer city!!!! I loved visiting there, but didn't love the shin splints I had the next few days afterwards.
Getting back to my first sentence, rooting for USC is finally fun again. I still have the tune of the fight song stuck in my head. I am almost tempted to download it to my cell phone.
I hope they go all the way, again, this year. It would be great to have back to back National Championships. I am personally rooting for Matt Leinart for the Heisman this yr.(Hey he's a Mater Dei Alum, THE Catholic HS in "the OC", which means he's a good Catholic boy!!! Of course I'm rooting for him!!!!) He was incredible tonight!!! Almost scored a touchdown a couple times!!!! If he isn't a first round pick this yr for the NFL draft, I'd be shocked. Ah, he even has his own blog. Seriously I just found it online:
http://www.mattleinartblog.com
Kind of fun to look at. He has all sorts of pics and what not and it seems he really does do the entries!!!! Anyway, that's enough of me cramming USC down everyone's throats for one evening!!! But hey....they are a pretty damn good team!!
YAY Go USC!!!!!!!!! Fight on!!!!
Sunday, September 12, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment