Part 2: So that is the song, these kids are too far away for me to have all the Bethany, Michelle and Auntie Katie time that I want to have. Don't get me wrong, I love having time with my nephews (they love football, we go to games, they think I'm cool because I buy cotton candy. It all works out). It's just different with the girls. We can play barbies and make believe. They love to give me hugs and kisses (you'd never get that from the boys!!!! Cause girls are yucky to them and I AM a girl you know). I love being an Aunt, I just hate the distance between my nieces and I. So Ivan is headed their way tomorrow. Bethany is "Nervous and frightened" but happy to have 3 days off from school (go figure). I asked her what she is frightened of and she says "Well, I am used to thunderstorms, lightening storms and earthquakes, not hurricanes" I laughed to myself and thought Earthquakes are far scarier, but she is a kid and what scares her scares me. I want so badly to be there to protect them fromt he winds and rain that will make Michelle hide her face. From the sounds that will bring the saddest look of fear to Bethany. Yet all I can do is sit here and pray. "Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee........" If there is a Patron Saint of Weather, I'll be asking him/her to interceede for me the next few days. I have to admit I was secretly hoping to hear from my family telling me they were coming to CA for a few days. I'd much rather that than them wait out the storm at home, but I know that would not be possible for them. A nice thought though. I'd love to show the girls off at work and have them over for a sleepover. And so the praying begins.....for my babies, for my sister and BIL......and for Ivan to calm down!!!! God bless them and keep them safe and Angels surround them!!! Always
Wednesday, September 15, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment