Thursday, September 30, 2004

Amazing things

I watched some firemen in action tonight. Calm down ladies...I didn't get to look at any of them. We have a large "excess parking" area at the Church. Fr. has given the local fire dept permission to use it as a heliport if a critical/trauma victim needs to be transported from the scene of the accident to places like County USC and what not. I've heard people say firefighters, paramedic, policemen etc don't really "save lives" it's just a PR stunt they pull and they are all lazy blah blah blah. Watching these guys do their thing was amazing and I was so happy to know that not only was this victim (traffic accident was about 3 blocks from work) being sent from holy ground, but he was in the good hands of these firefighters and paramedics. Thank you Lord for these willing and able hands......(I can't seem to hit enter again)......I had a meeting with our Community Sacramental Evangelists tonight. They are basically the liasons between Marge and I and the parents in regards to the Sacraments. Fr. wants them to try and help reach out to the parents and hopefully we can get them on the right track to evangelization. This is such a brief description of their job, I apologize, but Fr literally created these positions about 2 weeks ago. So they are evolving. I am in the process of working on my prayer for Sunday afternoon. I decided amidst all my talk about faith, I needed to bring in Grace as well, so I am going to talk about that and talk about how the Eucharist is a bridge between us and God. It should be pretty interesting to see how this turns out. I'm making laminated cards for the kids to take home that says "Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible" I just love that quote!!!! I'm going to have some mustard seeds in there to tie everything together. I need to sit in my office with my Michael W. Smith CD blasting and just pray like crazy and let God work through me when I write this prayer out. I want to incorporate "Love Can Build a bridge" by the Judd's but I don't want the kids to be tuned out since it's not the most popular song among them. I just have to, again say that I love my job and I am so happy to finally be back doing what God has called me to do!!! Thank you GOD!!! You are so good...all the time!!!!!! (P.S I went shopping again!!! I needed my shower curtain!!! It's sooooo cool I love it!!! It has hawaiian flowers in a cranbery-ish red and a burnt orange and it has surf boards in the same colors and a woody on it....It's so incredibly cool. If I can find a pic of it on WalMarts website I'll post it some how...I don;t know how to do that so we'll see. I also bought 3 movies I am dying to watch. A Walk to Remember...I've NEVER seen this movie and have heard so many good things about it. Princess Bride and When Harry Met Sally. I love love love those movies!!!!! I also bought 2 cards for Fr. One for boss' day and one for Clergy appreciation day which I will have all the kids sign for him. I swore I would not shop anymore.....Bless me Father for I have sinned.......)

No comments: