Tuesday, September 14, 2004

It's 2am.....

I just finished watching "Sense and Sesibility". I had never seen it, and had always wanted to. The great thing about living in this place is I can watch what I want, when I want and I won't be made fun of or told I am "weird". Well, we already knew I was weird didn't we?

Halfway through the movie, or maybe 3/4 of the way I got a phone call. It was nice to hear the voice on the other end. I realized one thing tonight. Of all the blessings I have, I am very blessed to still have friends who care. Friends who, after a long day at work will pick up the phone at an ungodly hour and call. Who will listen to you ramble about nothing and not get annoyed because you're talking too much. Friends who will listen to you talk about work, when they don't share the same intrest/passion for what you do for a living, who will offer advice or really see your point of view on a subject, as you sit there in amazement at their "serious side" (yes, said friend LOVES to joke, but the serious side is pretty nice!!!). A friend who will laugh with you and comfort you (as much as they can despite a 300 mile distance). It's been over a year since I have had my true friends in my life. I have to admit, it's as if time had not passed, yet I know that there have been many late night calls (or IM's), and lots of laughter I've missed. There have been friends who have moved away (Julie :*( ), and friends whom I can't find (Dusty). Friends who have welcomed me with open arms (Karen, Hyphen, Michelle, Marikay, Shean, just to name a few). I once was told that these people did not really care, that they were not true friends, and for a split second I almost believed that. I know now, that couldn't be further from the truth.

I've had my share of pity parties over the last few days, and within the last day or two I have really felt that I am where I belong, among friends I belong with. This isn't to say that the pain is forever vanished from my head or my heart, but it gives me something to wake up to with a smile on my face. I'm where I need to be. Working in a job I LOVE (and if being paid "poverty pay" as someone once said is all this job has to offer, then I will die a happy poor woman), stressing over bills (comes with the territory), being able to stay up until 2 am and sleeping till whenever I damn well feel like it, and most of all hearing an honest to God "I love you" on the other end of the phone......I'm grateful for what little I have, but mostly I am grateful for all that I have regained.

No comments: