Saturday, October 27, 2007

Trick or Treat

Today we had the first ever trunk or treat event at work. I have done this with my former church and it was a big hit. Basically it is a fall festival, but since we already have a bi-annual fall festival we had to name it Trunk or Treat (the highlight of the whole event). Basically we had the following:

Food:
Hot dogs
chips
drinks
chili
chili cook-off (only 2 entries this year but I heard they were REALLY good)

Games:
Pumpkin bowling (it got messy)
Pin the nose on the pumpkin
Cake walk
Bat balloon stomp (BIGGEST HIT)
Pumpkin penny pitch
Boo bag toss

Crafts
Pumpkin Decorating contest (with prizes awarded)
Make a spider
trick or treat bag decorating
coloring pages (for the little kids)
Halloween "socks"

Trunk or treat:
Parents decorate their trunks all cute and halloweeny, and they sit outside and pass out candy to the kids who walk car to car "trick or treating"

We had about 20 cars, which for most youth ministry groups would be a "disappointment" to have such a low number. but for us it was a great success being our first time ever doing it and I think it inspired people to want to do it again next yr. I got alot of compliments from parents on how fun it was.

The kids looked so cute in their costumes. I think all in all we had about 150 people total.

YAY...it was a great day and my kids did a fabulous job working, cleaning, playing and having fun while earning service hours.

Boy do my feet hurt though.

1 comment:

TinyPeopleNurse said...

I would love to know how you played some of those games! Pumpkin Bowling sounds awesome. We have our Fall Festival/Trunk or Treat today. I've got like 5 jackolaterns to decorate my van's "trunk" with. Think the open flame inside the trunk is a bad idea? :)