......Stick a fork in me I'm done.
Done with being pregnant. I used to get "mad" when I would hear women say this. Mainly because pregnancy is supposed to be fun and exciting. It is, don't get me wrong, but after being pregnant for 8.5 months, there comes a time where you just say, "Ok kiddo, I'm ready for you to be here."
With every movement, I long to see her face, and hear her cry, and hold her close to me. Granted, I don't think she and I could be anymore intimatley closer physically than we are right now, but not being able to see her is quite frankly driving me nuts. Why? I want to know what her personality is like and what color hair she has, and what her little voice sounds like. I want to laugh with Derek at every stretch, coo, and quirk.
I'm done.......she's cooked....come out and play little one!!!!!
Funny how at 8 weeks it seemed November would never get here, then this summer time was flying by, now we're down to the final 3-5 weeks and it feels like time is standing still.
Friday, October 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Praying for you to be able to relax and enjoy the short time you and Derek have left to just be a couple. I'm not at all a patient person, so I can only imagine how you feel right now.
Aww...this totally made me smile. Here's hoping the next few weeks go by a little faster for you.
Tara hated being pregnant. Pretty much every moment of it. She would get this "GET THIS THING OUTTA ME" attitude...
Funny that even all my friends who had preemies were done with being pregnant with their second full-term children at around 36 weeks or so. Even though we of all people know how good it is for that baby to stay in and make sure she's all finished, they were done too. You are in good company. :) She'll be here soon.
Kimmy went through the same thing and both of our kids were late. Praying for patience. The time will be here before you know it and then you will have a lifetime with her. And that is the best part.
Kim had the same feelings about the twins! They ended up being six weeks early and of course that caused some anxiety. Praying for an easy delivery for you!
Just wanted to let you know you are still in my prayers as you now enter the home streatch.
May God be with Derek, you and the precious one.
Post a Comment