Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A moment in Time

A friend of mine of LiveJournal posted this and I thought I'd follow suit:

20 years ago: I was 13 and I lived in Anaheim CA, in a trailer park about 20 mins from Disneyland. My sister lived on her own and I finally had my own room. I loved it. There wasn't much exciting in my life going on as I had ended a long friendship with a girl named Jenna who i grew up with. I thought at 13, that I had met my lifelong friends. Not the case. Those would come in another year.

15 years ago: I was 18 and dating Robert, my first husband. We had been dating since the end of July and I had just been installed as Worthy Advisor of Corona Assembly #226. It was something I had dreamed about since my sister was in Rainbow in the early 80's. I was living with my brother and sister in law and that was hell. I had my first job (Carl's Jr.) and my first Disneyland Annual Pass. My daddy had passed away almost a year prior and I was still mourning his loss, and looking for some sense of security in my life. This is where my co-dependency overtook my life.

10 years ago: I was married almost a year, and working at Corona Regional Medical Center in medical records. I was teaching Confirmation, and i thought life was going pretty well. Little did I know what lie ahead in the coming 3 years. Heartbreak, and bad decisions were to follow. Who knew?

5 years ago: I was in a relationship I thought would last forever. (It didn't). I was contemplating moving from volunteer ministry and into full time ministry, but I was second guessing myself. I was about to take a leap of faith and at the time did not know I was about to answer God's call finally in my choice of careers (If only I'd listen in relationship decisions).

1 year ago: I was beginning to adjust to my new job at OLG. I had become and Auntie for the 6th time and was getting ready to travel to my sister's to meet the niece I named. Derek and I had been married for 2 months and we had every intention of waiting a year and a half to begin our family. (hahahahahahaha). I had finally listened to God's call on my heart in regards to who I was supposed to spend my life with. Thank God....he makes me so happy, and makes marriage so much fun.

Yesterday: I had my NST, pre-registered at the hospital for the delivery of our first child, gave a report to my boss on how well Trunk or treat went, made a delicious dinner in the crock pot, bought some last minute items we forgot at the store, and typed up recipes for my nieces Christmas present. I pretty much relaxed for the remainder of the day and had a great dinner with my husband :)

Today: I went to the chiropractor, I had lunch with M and her friend and their beautiful daughter's at PF Chang's, went to Barnes and Noble to try and find Derek's Four Four Two magazine, went to the bakery for cookies, went to the used book store and bought books for Marisa, came home and made sure dinner was cooking, went to work to watch my Middle School kids in a play (we loved it...it was so cute), came home and had hush puppies, pulled pork sandwiches (BBQ), and macaroni salad, helped Derek unload the dish washer and dry some dishes, and then blogged this entry.

Tomorrow: I will go to work and begin getting things ready so I can go on maternity leave with little to no stress. I'll listen to some saint reports given my my 8th graders, hang with the middle schoolers at lunch, come home, have dinner and spend time with Derek.

I'm liking the present much more than the past. :)

No comments: