Friday, April 29, 2005

I'll worry enough for all of us

I've come to the realization that I worry way too much. I worry about the tiny things and the big things. I worry about things that probably don't need to be worried about. For example. If I do not hear from a teacher (Jr. High or Confirmation) then that means they will show up and they will be in class. However, I fail each week, to remember that there is traffic on the streets surrounding Walnut and that teachers come sometimes at the last minute. But here is Katie, stressing that they aren't coming and worrying about "Oh my goodness, what am I going to do???" It's annoying!!!! I think I may give myself an ulcer. I'm also stressed about not having someone to help get donations for Coffee with Christ on the 13th and so yea, I'm dealing with Confirmation, dealing with getting parents situated for the retreat, dealing with the flower sale on Mother's day. It's getting ridiculous how worked up I am. I know I have parents who will help me out. But of course, in true Katie form, I stress!!!!

In less stressful news, I've called a no-kill animal shelter about a new kitty. Do I need another one? Probably not. Do I want one? HECK YES!!! There are a couple kitties I've been looking at through Cats In Need (Hopefully this link will take you right to the Diamond Bar section) THere are a couple kitties I'm looking at, but I keep looking at Sophie, the one eyed kitty. She looks so sweet. I'm also looking at Sally (the brown and red tabby), Bogey, Shaughnessy and Alexis. I put in a call to the Diamond Bar shelter and explained that I have 2 large 9 yr old boys already and was looking for adivice on whether it would be ok to bring in a third. Hopefully they will call me back today.

Tonight is Coffee With Christ at St. Denis. I have to remember to stop by It's a Grind or Starbucks to get donations for our event on the 13th. Hahahahahahahaha, the stressed YM has not lined up donations....oy vey!!!

Last night I admitted to Derek that I am addicted to reading a certain Xanga site. Why? I don't know probably to laugh at it and realize how good Derek really has it now. Yes, I read his ex's xanga. I swear it's like watching Newlyweds, only she and her man are in serious need of counseling, and I pray they find some peace before they walk down the aisle. They remind me alot of me and Rob before we got married. We all know how THAT ended!!!! It's like watching a soap opera. I should not laugh, it's real life and it's two people who could end up as a statistic, but....my gosh it's just funny how people will be the reason one person lost their job, look at the situation and say "oh I had to correct so many wrongs" Look how much time I wasted on the toddler!!! Ewwwwww. Someone punish me!!!!

On the Derek note!!! I'm going out there to see him June 2-6. We're planning to spend time on the lake, go to Carowinds (It's a theme park that is half in NC half in SC and I think that is sooooo cool), spend time with his brother, sister and their families and possibly go to a Youth Rally!!! I'm so excited to go see him. I am also excited to see his family and to see church members again!!! Plus it will be nice to relax for a few days. Relax? Derek and I? If we sit still for 20 minutes, I'll be shocked!!!!

1 comment:

Derek said...

Just wait til you see what she said now......