Tuesday, April 19, 2005

HABEMUS PAPAM!!!!




Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger aka Pope Benedict XVI was elected as Supreme Pontiff today after only 4 ballots. I was getting ready to got to a staff meeting when the announcement was blasted on KIIS FM by Ryan Seacrest. I ran to the TV to see that thousands had gathered and were waiting for the bells to ring. And when they did I jumped up and down with excitement. Again, I have witnessed History. History that I will be able to share with my children someday. Hopefully one day my grandchildren.

Many are not happy with the choice of Ratzinger. Many say he is too conservative and will not make changes that many feel the church needs (women priests, priests being allowed to marry, etc) Many will undoubtedly try to smear his name with his past life in Germany. I pray that many will look to the future of the church. Not to the past of a man faced with leading over 1 billion people to a closer and deeper relationship with Christ!!!!

God Bless Benedict XVI

2 comments:

Todd Porter said...

what no comment about getting a text message from your bro! i am sad! :'(

Derek said...

Hey you can tell our kids that their parents watched it together on the same channel thousands of miles apart and watch their heads spin trying to understand that, LOL.