I was thinking about what defines being "good" and what I mean by that is not what makes you holy, spiritual, or even a rule follower. What makes you "good". Today I am spending my day making heart shaped sugar cookies for my Jr. high kids. These are not just cookies...these are COOKIES!!! They are soooo tasty!!! (I know, I've tested the dough). I love doing things for my kids. At Christmas time I got Derek some Scooby Doo pj pants that he loves!!!! I'm "good" My nephews love when I come to babysit cause we got to the batting cages, or golfing or to the movies...I'm "good"
What about personal "I'm good" God given moments.
I had a moment. Last week (Tuesday) I was doing a talk on forgiveness for the COnfirmation 2 kids. I had stayed up until 1:30am writing and writing and writing about forgiveness and being "perfect". It ended up to be a very decent talk. I was scheduled to talk for 25 minutes. Without even realizing it, I had gone on for 35 minutes. When I finished, I looked back and said "Wow, not once did I second guess my abilities to talk on this subject, or loose my train of thought, or worry that I was conveying the right message." God is good. I love when He works through me. I was good because of Him!! Yessssss.
What makes you "good"?
Saturday, February 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What makes me "good?" I think knowing that I am bad and covered by the blood of Christ in the eyes of God technically makes me "good."
But in all reality... the only thing I do that is good is try to reflect what God wants us to be with my life before about 35 high school students.
And my kids think I'm good when I come home from work and wrestle on the floor for hours.
Post a Comment