I have been at work for too many days in a row. Granted, Thursday I only worked 5 hours, Friday 31/2, Saturday 1, Sunday 6......Ok I need a day off here. It's my own fault really for planning a lot of things this weekend. Friday I wanted to make sure my kids were ok with Fr. Michael leaving, reassure them that we would be ok, tell them about the new adminitrator etc. Basically i just let them talk. They were crazy!!!! It was great!!! They talked a little about how they felt but mostly they joked and kids who were yelling at each other a couple weeks before, were laughing, hugging and having a good time. A turning point perhaps? I hope so.
Last night I walked around to all my classrooms. I love my Jr. highs. They are so goofy and alot of fun to joke with. When I walk into classes now I hear whispers "Hi KATIE!!!" or I'll see them wave at me and it's great. I usually make a face and wave back at them. I am excited to be building relationships with them now so that when they get to high school I don't have to take on the role of beggar (as I feel I am doing now) and try to persuade them to come to YM stuff. I am confident God will send a supportive pastor for the youth. Fr. Michael said "You may get a life teen priest" I hope not....Life teen is for the uncreative.....besides why should I have to spend $600 for someone to map out youth ministry for my parish? It is a good program, but it isn't the be all end all of Youth ministry that so many parishes fall into the trap of.
Thursday I am going to Disneyland....NOW THERE'S A SHOCKER!!!! I'm pretty excited. I just love the heck out of that place!!! Bjorn is going too (My gnome). Friday I get to hang with Shay and Jessi. They are coming from MN for a convention/conference in Anaheim and I'm going to accompany them to Ruby's on the Huntington Pier. They want to go to the beach....Their wish is my command. I can't wait.
Not sure what we are doing for Super Bowl Sunday. I really have no desire to watch the Super Bowl. I don't want to see the Patriots winn AGAIN and I'm not a Mc Nabb fan, though T.O. plays for the eagles and he used to play for my 9ers. I just don't like pro football as much as college football!!!! Then after Sunday...no more football...sad times. I like football!!! It's fun.
What a boring blog post...sorry!!!!
Tuesday, February 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your 9ers? I'm hurt. You cut me deep.
Post a Comment