Yesterday I was sitting in my office working feverishly away at Confirmation retreat stuff when I hear : "bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" Now, I know I am not the only one in the world who knows that sometimes flies can be really loud, and I think, oh great a fly got in my office and now I have to wait for his impending death and hope he hasn't laid any lovely eggs anywhere. The last thing I need is an office full of baby flies. Anyway. I look up at the light in my office, and being almost blinded, I see a BEE!!!! Realize, precious readers, that in my life, I've been stung by a bee only once. It was 4th of July in like 1982. I was in a ghetto park in Los Angeles, walking back from the playground area over to all the drinkers and smokers in my life and I felt this little "tickle" on the bottom of my foot. I took the stinger out and ran crying to my daddy!!!! For the next like week or so I walked on this swolen, sore, part of my foot and it was horrible!!! I was traumatized.
After sitting at my desk for a minute remebering the trauma of being around drunk people while I sat with my foot on ice, I came back to reality and found my boss, Fr. Michael, in the Parish office talking to our NEW ADMINITRSATOR, Fr. Mark (as you know Fr. Michael is leaving us on Sunday). Being the whimp that I am, I tell Fr. Michael "You have to save me, there is a bee in my office." So he takes Fr. Mark with us and I quickly tell him, "I'll kill my own spiders Fr. Mark, but bee's are a different story" I must have looked like an idiot.
In my office we now have a 62 yr old priest on a chair THAT ROLLS, me holding the chair praying to our most Heavenly Father that said priest does not fall off the chair as he swats at the bee, and our new admin priest who is watching and telling us we need something with an aerosol spray or windex to kill it. Finally Fr. Mark hands Fr. Michael my umbrella, which knocks the bee to the window sill and Fr. Michael kills him with his hanky. Now in my bee-less office and feeling a bit dumb for having to have someone kill the bee, I get back to work.
20 minutes later "bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz", yes another bee. This time....I sent him to the great bee hive in the sky!!!!! I couldn't let my weak side show again to the new priest. What would he think of me then? (sigh) Where was Derek when I needed him? He could have killed the bee for me!!!!
Wednesday, February 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment