I often wonder why people like to do things to make little kids cry. I mean, they take things away and find humor in the persons frustration. My ex mother in law used to do this to her grandchildren. She would take a bottle out of their mouth causing them to cry and then laugh and immediatley give them back the bottle. It used to drive me up the wall.
Some people take joy and pleaseure in pushing people to the point that they get so ticked and then they sit back with smirks on their faces and say "ha ha ha, did you see how she reacted to that?" Why? What is the point of doing such things? Why do we seek to find pleasure in the anger of others? Why do those same people then think that their jabs are justifiable and "ok" because they really are just generalizations for the sole purpose of explaining a situation? Is it because they lack self confidence and so they need to build themselves up through the anger and frustrations of others??? Are some really that unhappy with themselves?
Is this what our world is truly coming to? What happened to being the face of Christ in a world filled with chaos and confusion? What happened to preaching the gospel always and only using words when necessary? No I am not going to go into "the Church is dying" I think it's members are dying for the wrong reasons. We are supposed to die to ourselves so as to build ourselves up in the Body of Christ, not die to the pleasure and temptations of Satan who rejoices in the failures of our own humanness.
So, yes we may be responsible for reacting to the bottle being taken from us, but really why is it being taken in the first place? Why? The taker knows what the reaction will be!!!! Why?
Monday, February 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Deadyouthpastor Walking I wasn't refering to anything in your blog. These are just thoughts of my own that I have. "the problem is when you assume that anyone who does something contrary to your desire or expectation is taking joy in getting a reaction out of you."
Hope you're doing ok and things aren't too stressful. Miss reading your posts.
PS
I got a YM job!!!
see blog entry on wed.
Post a Comment