Yesterday we took 90 kids on a retreat to Mater Dolorosa in Sierra Madre. The grounds are beautiful. The Stations of the Cross are life size, the kids were good....my adults on the other hand...PAINS!!!!! 3 of them were questioning and trying to tell me what to do. 1 of them was laid back, did what was asked. 1, my DRE, was bitching about how the kids were "too rowdy" (my biggest problem of the day? I found 2 girls doing each others makeup in the bathroom...GASP!!!). She said "Retreats are meant to be quiet and spiritual. We really need a priest up here with these kids!!!" UGH!!! She's also the one who says that games are not allowed on retreats. Retreats are not for fun and games. Games get the kids riled up and the kids need to be serious!!! UGH UGH UGH!!!!! I hope the new pastor laughs when she says that. This is the same lady who was darn near appalled at the fact that I am having a game night for the kids up at the church!!!! "I hope you aren't going to make this a regular event" grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I will say though that our musician Trevor Thomson rocked. He was so great with the kids and was an absolute blast. His voice is sooooooooo gorgeous and I hope someday he will agree to sing at my wedding. I just have to talk the groom into having him. I don't see that being a problem. Trevor is a busy guy, so I'm sure I'll be setting my wedding date around him. I think a yr and a half will be enough time to book him!!!!! Wow, Trevor as the Cantor and a bag piper to lead the way after the ceremony.....what more could you ask for? Oh yes, a Chinese tea ceremony!!!!
On a happier note. I made Derek's mom laugh so hard today. I called to wish them a Happy New Year (Chinese New Year) and I said "Happy New Year" in Cantonese. I left a message saying I hope I said it right and she called me back at work and said I did. We had a good laugh and I told her that even though it did not apply to me, I didn't sweep my floors!!!! Again, she laughed, probably cause she thought I was a big dork!!! Nah, not really, but I love her laugh. It's soooo cute. I went to a Chinese restaurant near my house and got seafood chow fun...GOOD STUFF!!!!
My brother in law told me a story about my niece that I just HAVE to share with you:
"this morning M was in our room and found a big yellow
sponge (normally it's in the Lenmobile to cushion my knee from the door).
She asked what it was and I told her. Then she pressed her hand against it
and said, "Ooh it's very soft!" She said it the same way Bethany used to
say things, you know, like a three year old going on 39! She was just too
cute! Then she went about the room pressing things saying, "This is
squishy," or "this is NOT squishy!"
I miss seeing her grow the way I watched B grow!!!!! I'm "family sick" I want to see them and hug them and kiss them and stay up until the wee hours of the morning laughing at dumb movies with my bro in law........Can't anyone give me the winning lotto numbers?
Wednesday, February 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
have them read this
Post a Comment