I want to take this opportunity to give a HUGE shout out to James and the Corinthians. This is going to be the next biggest group to hit the Christian sound waves since the likes of Dave Crowder, Chris Tomlin and Third Day (Jars of Clay too!!!) I met James and his wife, Emily (Love you, guys!!!) through Youth Specialties. They are the sweetest, most loving couple in the world and I love them to pieces. If you are looking for a great band to come and sing at your church....check these guys out. James looks scary, what with his bald head and what not, but in all honesty, he's not a thug, he's a big teddy bear with a huge heart and a great love for God!!!! I have not yet met the other members of the band, and I hope to do so very soon (as well as rock the mike with them) but I can hardly wait until Spring 2006 when they come to my church to perform. Check em out!!!!
Today is Valentine's Day. Since I could not spend the day with Derek I took him on a "date" I emailed pictures of the gift I wish I could get him (Manchester United Wristband) and a gift I will get him (Tiger Wood PGA Tour 2005) and then emailed links to places we "went" to (Hard Rock Cafe, Griffith Observatory, Queen Mary, Santa Monica Pier). He got a kick out of it. I made cookies and cupcakes for the youth tonight. I had a fun experience with A. I had not really talked to him or seen him much in the last month. So I walked over to talk to him and his sister and he gave me this huge hug and said he missed me and he felt like he hadn't seem me in ages. Then when I asked him and S to come help me get their Valentine Day treats he linked arms with me and we walked to the kitchen together just chatting like we were old friends. It was soooo great. I feel like they are all starting to get used to and comfortable with me and it feels great!!! YAY! It was a great moment with my kids. I really felt like it was a special Valentine Day gift from God!!!! My youth ROCK!!!
My good pal, Shay, got engaged today!!!! Congrats to Bryan and Shay Shay!!!!
Monday, February 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think you're lucky that I don't update my links too often, cause you'd definately slip down into almost hobo-blogger land.
Hope things are well and not too stressful for ya.
Post a Comment