Monday, March 28, 2005

Easter

Easter for me started on Saturday!!!!! I attended Easter vigil at 5pm. I had 1 youth being baptized and along with that she was receiving her first communion with 3 other of my HS youth. What an amazing awesome site to behold!!!! I was smiling as if these youth were my own children. Snapping pictures left and right. I was so proud!!!!

Among the 12 or so candidates for First COmmunion was a mentally disabled woman. I am ashamed to say this but there are some priests who will not give them such Sacraments (Communion and Confirmation) because "They do not understand the signifigance of this Sacrament". To which I say BULL!!!! Approximatley 2 years ago, one of the parents of a special needs girl in our parish came to our DRE and asked if her daughter could receive communon. (The pastor before Fr. Michael had REFUSED). Fr. Michael explained to her that he and the DRE would work with her to get the resources she needed to teach her daughter at home since the mother did not feel she could handle a classroom setting. The following year the young woman received her First communion. As she stepped forward, Fr. Michael said "The body of Christ" she looked at him and said "I love Jesus" It was all Fr could do to keep from bursting into tears......I can only hope that other priests will open their hearts to these wonderful children of God. It is so beautiful to see them partaking of the Body and Blood and being one with Christ.

After Mass, I talked to the DRE's husband and then briefly with A, congratulated her and went off to have chinese food with friends. Shay and Bryan called me on my way and invited me to dinner. I had to decline :( I get to Renata and Mike's and they are no where to be found. I was sad. Was really looking forward to going to Wings. So I go home, call Shay and Bryan, change clothes and head to Islands. Good times with GREAT friends. I love hanging with with Shay and Bryan. They are so much fun and it's great to be able to just totally be myself and to see them interact and see the love they have for each other. Oh and to hear their Vegas stories....good times.

After dinner I was off to the store, totally exhausted. Went home, waited for spinach to defrost. Man that takes forever and a day. I will say however, I chopped water chestnuts quite well in a state of exhaustion and my Spinach dip turned out GREAT!!! Then again, I love my spinach dip!!! I said good night to Derek and fell into a deep sleep!!!

Went to hang with Shay and Bryan!!!! His mom is sooooo sweet and hearing stories about Bryan and his friend and how much trouble they got into as kids....teens actually made me realize one thing:

I DON'T WANT TO HAVE BOYS!!!!!

I've been traumatized!!!! Now watch...Derek and I will have all boys!!! ACK!!!!

3 comments:

Devo said...

Thanks for the shout out. And i must defend myself - we were perfect angels growing up :)

beautifulmess said...

Ha! Angels... you wish!

T said...

Thanks for making me cry, Katie! That's such a sweet story about the special needs girl receiving her First Communion!