I'm asked this question quite often. Who isn't, right? I am happy to say that this year, the holidays were quite nice. Christmas Eve was honestly the busiest day. We knew back on Dec 10th that we would have plans for NYE though. So, we went to the early service at Derek's church, came home, changed into our Duke gear, and drove to Durham. So, I've been to 2 Duke football games and 2 Duke Bball games and my brother says I am a bandwagoner.....I think not. What am I supposed to do? Tell my sister in law "Oh I'm not a Duke fan, sorry, can't go to the game. So what IF I DO become a Duke fan. Not that I am. I could never go from being a USC football fan to a Duke football fan. But for basketball? Meh, I merely follow UConn cause my family is from there. But I have no true ties to any college football team. If you ask me what UConns record is, I could not tell you. If you ask me Duke Bball facts and such I could wing it. Besides, they are a good team, are they not? I digress.
The game was good. They played San Jose State (Where my "mom" went to school for her masters). SJS had all of I think 8 fans in the crowd. HI-larious. When Duke throws free throws, the fans hold up their hands, get REAL quiet and when a basket is made yell out "Hoooooooo". When the opposing team throws free throws they make all sorts of racket. Cameron Crazies are ROUGH...but not rude, just funny. ANYWAY.....Duke is throwing free throws in the 2nd half and the SJS fans start making noise during the first one. Second throw comes and they do it again. All of a sudden you hear someone yell, "SHUT UP SAN JOSE".......
That was me!!!!!!
Derek says I got a thumbs up from the band members and a few people in our section got a kick out of it. I blushed BIG TIME. But it was fun to heckle, even a little bit. After a stop at the store, we came home and got ready for dinner. If you are in the Greensboro area...get yourself to Chop House Grille. So worth the money. We had Prime rib, potatoes, salad, veggies, rolls, drinks and creme brule...for $59. SO FREAKING GOOD. Then we toasted the New Year along with our friends via Chat room. Good times.
Yesterday while Derek served lunch at church I got the house ready for our guests arrival. I made home made BBQ sauce for the cocktail wienies, frosted Jonathan's bday cake, and got the rest of the appetizers ready (wings, spinach dip, candy). Derek made his now famous (I say that cause Robert devoured it the moment he came in), shrimp dip. It was fun having friends over. I truly love entertaining.
Everyone left before the Big Game, and though I got a phone call right at the start of te game, I loved watching USC win the Rose Bowl this year!!!!! Still, I am not a John David Booty fan AT ALL. To me, he's still mediocre. Need to see what Sanchez has to offer the team. Hopefully Carroll will give him more playing time next year. USC's passing game was ON yesterday!!!! Congrats boys!!!!!!
Watched the Notebook for the first time. Good flick. Not my absolute favorite, but it was still really good. Then it was the end of the BSU/OU game and to bed.
Good start to 2007 so far, I'd say!!!
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment