Sunday, December 31, 2006

3....2.....1.....

And so the countdown begins. Gone will be 2006, gone will be the past hurts, the past pain, the past joys, the past memories. Well, they will be memories nonetheless, but they will no longer loom over us. I've often thought how nice it would be to just take every bad memory of the year and shed it, much like a snake. To take all the bad and throw it out the window. Now, we all know that doesn't work because we have to learn from it all. But there is something about the new year that makes me think. "Ok, the bad stuff happened last year, let's move on and improve on this year."

Though I really don't have much to belly ache about for 2006. It really was a great year!!! Alot of things happened in ministry at St. Lorenzo. We built further on the Youth Group foundation and I was able to leave with a heavy, but content heart.

I married my best friend in the world and i have learned that marriage is fun, and exciting. It's not filled with anger, blame, and regret. Derek is the best husband in the world.

I became and Auntie again for the 6, 7, 8, and 9th time. 6-8 happened the day Derek and I got married. 9th time happened a month and a half later when my sister had a beautiful baby girl. I love having nieces.

I started a job at a great church. No one looks over my shoulder or questions what I do with the youth. I am allowed to be a Youth Minister without any crappy questioning on mundane things.

I think the hardest thing this past year has been watching friends continue to live life while I felt as though I was at a stand still. I know there is a name for that feeling and it's called homesickness. But it was still hard. Also seeing the former youth move on and grow. Though I have heard some things like "They don't respect J like they respected you", they still were growing. And it was hard not to grow with them.

So for 2007, my hope is in my new youth, my husband and hopefully a new family!!!!!!!

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

No comments: