Thursday, January 18, 2007

We got snow!!!!!!

I have been told that it does not snow all that often in North Carolina In fact, in the Charlotte area the last time it snowed was about 2 years ago. In the raliegh area, less than 1 inch last year, traces over the last couple years. Today we got 1 inch, pretty quickly. It snowed 1.5 hours longer than expected.

Imagine our surprise when we woke up at 7:30am (yes, we are dorkd, we set our alarm clock) to find this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I was giddy!!! I have not seen snow in a while and it has been about 3 years since I saw snow fall. 3 years ago, it was the first time I ever watched snow fall to the ground. Needless to say Derek thought I was a goofyhead when I kept going outside.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Derek has always said he wanted to get a picture of Latte in the snow. He claims we would lose him in the snow if her were to go in it. It took us forcing him to go outside (can you blame him for not wanting to go out?), but Derek finally got his Latte in the snow picture:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

But he quickly went back in
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pele would not have ANY of this when brought outside
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

But once I went to the back yard, she started to change her mind a bit
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


and gave it another try
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I've been in and out of the house, listening to the freezing rain falling (which made it sound like it was sizzling outside.) Sadly, this will all be gone by tomorrow as we reach a high of 50. But for now I am enjoying the view from my back yard. I walked outside to take pics around the apt complex (not much to take pics of :( and I don't want to scrape the pretty snow off my car, nor attempt to drive in this) and enjoyed hearing the crunch of the icy snow under my feet. I love that sound.

Ahhhh, even though it was brief, the snowfall was here and it was pretty

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: