Sunday, January 21, 2007

Ice!!!!

The snow lasted all of about 4 hours here and then it melted. I can't say I was overjoyed to see it go. I mean i could have gone to work Thursday but being that I have never driven in snow, I opted to stay home. The forecast today called for sleet and ice, so Derek and I went to the store, grabbed a couple things for dinner and dessert, and came home. by 4pm we had ice forming on the bush outside our house, and last time I checked, you could see the ice on the tree across from the apts, and there is MORE ice on the bush. It;s so weird to see!!! Have never seen it in So Cal. Only in pictures when we get reports of ice in Central CA. It's pretty, even though it's dangerous.

Being in the house all day i got to scrapbooking. I did 2 pages on marley. Came out cute, but they look like they are missing something. I swear I am my own worst critique with my "art". I think that comes from having a mother whose talent is beyond incredible. So I always think "oh that's good but my mom is better at this stuff. So ridiculous. I am not my mom. But seriously the pages are cute. Once the journaling goes on I am sure I'll feel better. I just feel it's missing some embelishments. Can't put my finger on it though. I will.

I'm doing something new to to the blog. Every day I will put down 2 things I am grateful for. But this weekend I have a couple. Playing catch up if you will. I have a friend who is holding me accountable and vice versa, so.....this will be good.

I am grateful for:

Getting a letter from my niece, hand written. Of all the people she could have written to (it was a school assignment) she chose Derek and I and the letter was so sweet. She even included a picture of the 3 of us. I love how she made me look tan!!!!

Yummy cobbler dessert: Recipe came from my friend and it was sooooo good

Bowling: Went with my youth and we had a great time last night

Hide and seek: in the dark.....couple of times I was able to not get tagged. Good times

Scrapbooking: I can express myself creatively and if I don't cut the pics and mats perfect, IT'S OK!!!! Whooo hooo. Plus dang it I am happy with how todays pages turned out......yesssssssssssss.

Forgiveness: Friends who stick by you, even when you fail. Talking about that with someone opened my eyes to how awesome my friends are. Thank you for forgiving me.

No comments: