Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A new baby

It's official, I am a sucker!!! You see, I went to Petsmart last week to look and see if a kitty Derek and I liked, Gabby, was available. We agreed that if she wa there after New year's we'd contemplate getting her. But I wasn't "feeling" her 100%. Does that make sense? Like she didn't "fit". So I get into the store, go to the cat area, and Gabby is gone. In one of the kennels next to where she was, was this beautiful orange kitty, Stevie Ray. Big paws, sweet face, fluffy tail. Just gorgeous!!!! Boy was he ever showing off too. He saw me and started to roll over all over and reacted to my talking to him (even bumped his head on the plexiglass to show how happy he was to see me). I called Derek and immediatley told him about Stevie, and how we needed him and he needed us.

We went down there the next day so Derek could meet him. Filled out an application and by Sat afternoon, we were told we could pick him up. We had guests over that night from Nashville and decided that having him getting used to our other 4 cats and having kids here would not be a good idea. So I picked him up this morning. He was so bouncy and silly and curious!!!! His thrid eyelids never retracted but looking at him you'd never tell unless you REALLY looked at him. He's got leaky eyes, but it's nothing that cannot be wiped every day. He's just so sweet. See for yourself

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As for the others reactions;

Latte: Hissing. It's more like "Hey I was here first, let me get used to you and then we'll be cool"

Cordy: Hissing. But she'll seriously get over herself in a matter of days. She did the same thing with Pele. 5 days later they were friends.

Midnight: Growling and hissing.

Pele: Hissing, but deep down inside she wants to play.

Nothing terrible, just hissing. I think we'll be fine in a few days.Oh and we changed his name to Rooney!!!!!!

No comments: