Tonight is Christmas Caroling at the Nursing home. I remember last year, at another church, being told that if I took kids to the nursing home to Christmas Carol then I need to have someone talk to the kids about having a grandparent who is ill, and haow you get through it. "Have a religious aspect to it". Huh? What happened to bringing joy to the people who sometimes never see family memebers once they dump them in the home? Sadly, the group mentioned above is not allowed to Christmas Carol this year....but mine is. YAY!!!!!
Tomorrow is the 8th grade Youth Group. I need to figure out some fun games for them for the 2 hours I have them. May let them do some basketball and such. The 6th and 7th graders loved that. Going to do a White Elephant gift exchange for the HS kids. Then it's a week of working early...or 2 weeks of that really. I don't know what I am going to do with myself. Seriously.....I haven't worked early in months!!! Planning for the coming months I suppose!!!!!
As for the garage injury....I'm better. The cut to the head is healing, the bumps on the head are going down, the elbows are still hurting (hit the right one on a doorknob yesterday and that HURT), and the cracked rib, yes I cracked my rib, is healing nicely. I can actually take a deep breath now. So I am doing better.
Christmas is 11 days away. Hard to believe. I finally got Derek's presents wrapped (and Pele helped). I have 2 at work I need to bring home and wrap, and then I need to pick up odds and ends for his stocking.
Looks like life is same old same old here. Huh? Yea, sorry about that. I'll try to find something more interesting to do with my life. LOL I am baking this weekend and also making a present for the nieces before they move (the 21st...sad.).
Until then......
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment