Thursday, December 07, 2006

Blogging temporarily interrupted

I keep promising everyone I will update this, talk about that, post pics of this and that. I've been terrible about keeping my promises. In the case of NYWC, there just wasn't time to upload the pics I wanted to upload and I didn't want to nag Derek. (sigh) Eventually, I suppose.

Part of the problem is I had an injury occur on Monday. We were leaving Derek's cousin's house and I was running out of the garage after hitting the button. I went to jump to miss the sensor, and had quite the meeting with the garage door that was lowering. It resulted in bruises, and a cut on my head. I never lost consciousness, but think about it. I jump, hit the door, yep, you guessed it, BAM on my back. Only one part of my back hurts though (when I cough and take a deep breath) and my elbows are bruised. I was bleeding, but did not need stitches. So all in all, a good fall so to speak. Still, it didn't feel good. Thank God for Derek and Patti staying calm, cause I was freaked out. Moreso about the possibility of having to have stitches. Everything else I could have cared less about. I knew I wasn't too bad cause I remember everything except for how I landed. Meaning, I don't remember what hit the ground first. Looks like my elbows, but with this back pain....who knows. I'm just lucky I didn't hit my head any harder on the concrete.

At any rate...here's a pic of some of the damage:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Not the most flattering picture by any means, but that was about 8 hours after impact. 6 hours after leaving the ER. And yes, I feel stupid, thank you very much.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yikes! Thank God you are ok... that could have been really bad.