Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Photo update

I've decided to turn this update into a Photo update of the on goins of the last few weeks.

First off. I had a great time with Derek. We went to Carowinds:






I stood in two places at once (see above) and it was awesome. Some of the rides really got to me though, which was a surprise. I could NOT handle Thunder Road backwards. Oh my, it was bumpy. That's a wooden Roller Coaster for you!!!! I also got to spend some time with his brother, sister in law, sister, brother in law and nieces. We went to a dance recital and then to his sisters for lunch. She made congee, and springrolls. Actually we had to make the spring rolls ourselves and I have to say that I roll them better than Derek (Bea said so...neener neener).

While in NC, we also stopped by Belmont Abbey. We went into the Church and also took a walk over to the grotto and along the path of the Stations of the cross (which where embedded into stones) and into the blessed Sacrament Chapel





We also went to a Youth Rally in Denver, NC with Derek's youth. I wandered off to a prayer path that they had built on the grounds amidst the trees on the property. Take away the music blaring from the speakers, (which was faily decent music) and it was the most peaceful and serene spot!!!



When I returned home I had to calm the nerves of a very scared kitten. Cordelia had been traumatized by Marley and Latte's smackdown sessions. All is well with the world and as you can see here she is back to being the wild and crazy girl she normally is (We won't talk about how scratched up my legs are)






Latte and Marley are really liking having Cordy around. Latte is very tolerant of her constantly playing with his tail. Though I must admit, I found him with a scratch on his nose the other day. He's good at taking one for the team. He's that way with Marley as well. I think his favorite times are when Cordy is asleep so he can truly relax



Marley has been camera shy as of late. Normally I can get him to pose, but since Cordy's arrival he's snubbed me everytime. The cutest scene of today was waking up with Latte asleep on my right by my calves, and Cordelia just above him near my thigh and on the left was Marley by my feet. No picture of that unfortunately.

In other cat news, the one person I thought "hated" cats has turned out to be quite the softy



This is Midnight. A kitty that I befriended in NC. She lived outside of Derek's apt...until I left. I have a theory as to why Derek has allowed this cat into his life/heart. It all started when I began to pay attention to her. I asked one night if she could come in and was told "No!!!" Bratty Derek said No way. But I still loved on her everytime I went outside or we came home from somewhere. The morning I was leaving I said my goodbyes to her and she literally waved to me. I wish I had it on video but Derek will vouch for me. She waved. TWICE!!!! So, I leave and now Derek is missing me. He decided to invite Midnight in...and from there...he's hooked because she is sooooo sweet!!!! YAY. He's on his mission trip in SC this week and has asked me numerous times not to talk about Cordelia, Marley and Latte because he thinks of Midnight and says "I'm worried about her....she's outside all alone"

Now that Derek is hooked on cats, the next project is to get him hooked on Disneyland. I know that it won't be hard to get him hooked on that once he rides Space Mountain (Scheduled for launch on July 15th) but I fear this may be a difficult task. yes, since being home I have gone to Disneyland 3 times.
This is me on California Screaming with a Mice Chatter...Paul!!!! (no, no, no, he's gay so I'm not seeing another man...don't worry!!!)






And yes the above picture is of me with my friend Rayanna and it is my highest score to date!!!!!! That ride rules!!!!

And more pics!!!!

This was taken in May but I've yet to share it


Here's the group from Sunday


Wow what an update....thanks for reading if you've read this far. I will update more regularly!!!

Thanks for visiting the Magic Kingdom

2 comments:

Derek said...

OK, that one with your face all weirded out is still very freaky, esp. if you've seen any horror movies lately........

And me? Bratty? Oh puh-leeez.

beautifulmess said...

You're so weird. Ha! Love ya sis. :)