I am so sorry I have not updated in a while. Derek arrived safe and sound last Thursday and we were crazy busy!!! We went into L.A. the night he came in. Yes, we went into that terrible city at an ungodly hour of the night (12 midnight) It was random, rainy, cold and fun. Rodeo Drive was dead, there was a lady who was telling us that she talks to Bruce Lee's star on the walk of fame....Hollywood and highland was dead. I mean it was L.A. from a very different perspective. I kind of liked it without the crowds. Maybe in my old age I am becoming less of a lover of crazy hectic crowds. I used to not mind them, but I am nore and more becoming a lover of peace!!! We drove by the Rose Bowl at 2am that night and happened to come upon some Rose Parade floats. So we stop to get a closer look and the next thing we know, we're decorating the Cal Poly Pomona/San Luis Obispo float!!!! It was so much fun!
Disneyland was fun too and this visit marked the arrival of my beloved gnome, Bjorn. I will post a link to some of his pictures once Derek arrives home from the airport tonight. Bjorn had a grand time on New Years Eve. He ate dinner and then took a long nap as we went to Dave and Busters (I rule the skee ball world!!!) and Downtown Disney. I introduced Derek to In N Out Burger. You'll have to read his blog soon. I'll get him to post about how much he liked it. We rang in 2005 by watching the fireworks at Disneyland (we parked across the street). THe next day I took Derek to the beach and he was sooooo happy to touch the pacific ocean!!! Laguna is such a great beach. We hung out with my brother for a bit, made smores with the kids (went to In N Out for dinner) and again, went to Disneyland to watch the fireworks. Then it was off to Disneyland for a day of fun. Mickey loved Bjorn and Derek was soooo cute with getting his pics taken with the princesses.
I had to work Monday Tues and Weds, so Derek got to be a bum around the house...LUCKY!!!! This morning I took him to the airport and of course there were tears. Our schedules are soooo screwy that we will not see each other until Feb or March. I'm hoping to go to AL in Feb, so possibly then.
Time with Derek is so precious and it was fun to leave work, call him and let him know I would see him soon and within a few minutes I'd be greeted with a "How was your day honey?" Talk about amazing!!! I can't put into words how great it is to have Derek in my life. How blessed I am that God chose him....of all the people in the world!!! We balance each other out in so many ways, we laugh togwther, we are spontaneous, we are goofy!!! We've had crazy twisted adventures prior to meeting one another, but it all fades when we are together. That is not to say that we don't deal with the ghosts of the past, but in the grand scheme of things, when it is just us and our relationship, nothing is held against the other for past mistakes and what not. It's just pure wonderful love!!!
Thursday, January 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
strongbadgirl here! Your whole time together sounds amazing! I'm glad that you're sharing it with us, and I pray that these next months fly by until you get to see each other again! You two are a neat couple and it's been awesome to see you two blossom in the YS forums.
Post a Comment