Derek's visit made me again realize how much I do not appreciate where I live. It's funny how I will visit friends and wish I could live somewhere other than CA because it's cheaper, or prettier, or whatever. Derek was amazed at the city lights...the CITY LIGHTS!!! it's not that he lives in Podunk, NC or anything but things out there are very spread out so to be in a suburb and see so many lights and homes and what not was amazing, and beautiful to him. Amazing and beautiful!!!! I could not get over that. He also mentioned that CA was flat. I had never really thought of CA as flat. I mean we have the San Bernardino mtns!!! Ohio, Michigan, Chicago, the midwest...that's flat. Then again, he was in the Valley ("like totally, gag me with a spoon")!!! Even still his amazement was God's way of saying "Hey Katie, this is all for you...this beauty that you see daily.....it's yours.....minus the big red bow, it's a gift from me!!!!" It makes you feel bad because you yell at drivers, you complain about smog, you just think your city/state is the worst. Then we traveled to the beach:
I have few talents and God given gifts, but capturing God's beauty and Power in this picture is one gift I treasure!!!! The pier, though man made reminds me of the pillar of strength in which God is to me. As the waves of life crash against me.
Not only was the beach beautiful but seeing the man I love touch the Pacific Ocean for the first time was something I will never forget. He was filled with so much joy!!!! I literally had to fight back tears!!!
2 comments:
I'm so glad you've been finding the simple joy in your life, and I'm happy for you and Derek. The last two posts have been wonderful. Keep up the good blogging.
Great post. I'm glad you got to see your home through new eyes. Especially since those new eyes are Derek's!
Post a Comment