All life is precious!!!! Especially the one that entered into mine on Jan 10th!!!! Just 16 days ago. I was just about to leave work today when I got an email from my brother in law. Attached was a picture of the most precious blond haired little boy I have ever seen. My nephew. I can hardly wait to see more pictures of him that my brother in law has burned to CD and mailed to me. I can't describe to you how cute he is. I mean he's only a few hours old in the picture and already he has a receeding hairline!!! It's great! I heart him so much.
Of course, seeing him made me miss my family so much!!!! Funny, I wonder if I would feel this way had I listened to Fr. Angelus in November of 03 and moved to Alabama. I am so selfish, this I know to be true. I take many things for granted. I wish I didn't. I know I should pray for these things to be lifted from my life. Just when I think I'm doing good at not being selfish, I get caught up in the selfishness......
God grant me the wisdom to seek things for the good of others and not my own good.
Derek asked me tonight, "What do you want for your birthday?" My mind was blank. I've never had a brain block when it comes to my birthday gifts. Maybe I'm getting old and don't "need" things like I used to think I did. I seriously asked for: Frames, tealights, and blank notecards.....all purchase-able from the lovely dollar store!!!! When did I bcome so practical????
Thursday, January 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I really can't wait for the day that I'm a daddy. It's going to be cool.
Post a Comment