Derek is so sick of hearing about NKOTB, but they are back. Reunited after 14 yrs.
I. Am. SO. EXCITED!!!!!
I think i was the only HS student at Corona High School who loved them. I was completely in love with their music, completely in love with jon, and I had a few friends to share the love with. I went to their concert at Dodger Stadium on Sept 14, 1990, and my walls were plastered with their pictures.
When I was 9 it was Duran Duran....7 yrs later it was New Kids on The block.
They are touring this fall, and my co-worker N, friend C and I are contemplating whether to travel to DC or NYC to see them. Should I wait to see if they come to Charlotte, Raleigh or Greensboro> Sure I should. Do I want to wait. HELL NO!!!!!
They were on the Today show this morning and I did not go into work until the show was over. I felt like a teenager again as I listened to the old songs that used to find me singing at the top of my lungs and dancing around my room. My dad was such a good sport about my love for them, letting my friend J stay the entire weekend while we geeked out on New Kids, watching the cartoon, making "interviews", writing fan fiction, and fantasizing about meeting them, hanging out with them, etc. My brother, totally different story. he hated Duran Duran, he HATED New kids.
I should call him and share my excitement about their reunion. ha ha.
While Derek doesn't get my boy band love, he's supportive of my desire to go see them in concert. Gotta love my husband for that.
i may never meet NKOTB (not as lucky as C is I guess) but they will forever be the ones who defines my HS years and helped me through difficult times and introduced me to my friend J. I love her. it's through their reunion that I made the effort to locate and find her, and through the reunion that I also have grown closer to N and C.
Thanks guys!!!!!!
Friday, May 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Omigoodness, Katie, I don't think we can be friends anymore! Just kidding. :) We can be friends...even if our musical tastes vary. :)
Post a Comment