Thursday, September 20, 2007

Premature posting?

Perhaps I should wait until the day is almost done before I post to the blog? Perhaps, but I also don't want to keep certain posts at the top of my blog...in an effort to remind myself that certain things need to be put on the back burner for prayer and healing at the moment and other things need to receive more attention at this moment in life.

Like Child birth classes which start tonight. Luckily we know, er, I know the instructor, so that comfort level is esablished. Not that I/we expect preferential treatment, but it feels good knowing we will be taught by someone we are familiar with as opposed to a stranger.

A friend of mine said they watched a video of an actual childbirth, at her class, which grossed her out. While on one hand I want to say "What? Why? It's just childbirth. It's what happens every day, why is that gross?" On the otherhand, I truly can see why she was grossed out by it. While it happens everyday, it's not something we watch, or are truly fascinated by. Well, some people are, but that's another story for another day. I hope 2 things:

1. Should we watch said video, I hope I don't get grossed/freaked out as well. That tends to happen to me from time to time and I am already feeling self conscious about what little amount of modesty will be displayed in the delivery room, as it is.

2. That Derek doesn't get freaked out. He's already semi-worried about the epidural. I don't want to give him any more things to be freaked about.

I'll post an update after tonights class.

2 comments:

Gerrard Fess said...

Classes are always good. My wife had the epideral(sp) with our first two and with our third ...the labour was really fast ... no drugs no anything ...

Amy said...

I'm one of those weird people who is totally fascinated by it. Of course, I had the sheet between me and the doctor who cut me open, so I missed out on all of that. But, it's not so bad. That's what all the months of prenatal visits do--it strips you of your dignity so when the time comes, you really don't care who sees you sprawled out in a sweaty mess! Ha!