Monday, July 02, 2007

much to do, much to eat, much to ramble about

so having a cast limits me to getting out of the house as you know. I have much to do for the retreat (buying supplies, getting everything organized, getting Love bags collected, etc) and I just can't get it all done from my house. So hopefully over the next week I can get myself to the office and get some stuff taken care of. Also, next week is VBS, so I'll be hobbling around for that and I need to get to Sam's club to get snacks for the volunteers. I know it will all get done, but man this is maddening.

Much to eat coming up this week. I really think I want to make some BBQ ribs, though they will pale in comparison to good old Southern BBQ, still...it's 4th of July. we currently do not own a grill, so this could get interesting. Add in some potato salad, and possibly some red velvet cupcakes and we've got ourselves a Paula Deen BBQ going on. I saw her make this on her show yesterday and I was droooooooooooooooling.

Our lovely city has it's dates a bit off and they will be shooting off fireworks tomorrow evening. Not sure why they decided to do it the day before, but we plan to go out and enjoy ourselves. This means we will not be seeing fireworks on the 4th? Not sure. We may drive into Greensboro or something. Or we may just laze around the house for the day. If I do that cooking, we will need to laze around for sure. Mmmmmm potato salad.

tis the season for bugs. Bugs+cats= funny sounds and lots of jumping around and climbing my screen door. As of this typing Pele is sneaking up to the closed sliding glass door making this mmeeee-eeee--oooowwww funky sound trying to get to the bug who is safely on the outside of the screen door. I wish I could describe this sound. hey make it when they see a bug, or bird, etc. It's this quiet meow that sounds like....um....I don't know but her mouth goes all fast and silly. I really should video it and post it.

Tanglet has been quite the active kicker as of late and Derek got to feel her kick on Friday night as we watched Last king of Scotland. He was quite excited. Last night he had his hand on my belly asking her to kick. She didn't LOL. She has a mind of her own. God help us. But she sure can kick!!!!!!!! Much to daddy's liking I might add.

Not only is she active, she is also spoiled rotten. My sister and brother in law sent 3 boxes of baby clothes, my sister in law gave us a bag of summery CUTE CUTE CUTE clothes and my friend Jen sent her a pink and gray Angel's outfit. This is all in addition to the gifts we have received since finding out we were expecting this sweet baby girl. I swear the kid has more clothes than me!!!!!!

Ok, that should do it for today. Have a good one everyone!!!!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Hope your barbecue was great! We're doing ours tonight...beef barbecue, macaroni salad, baked beans, corn on the cob, and berry trifle. YUM!!