Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Broken: Day 2

Got the cast today and went to work to pick stuff up. Spent some time at Derek's church as well. It was a long day. Getting the cast was not as bad as I thought it would be but the Dr was going to repeat and xray of my ankle to check the space between the bone and the break and determine if I needed surgery. Since I am pregnant he vetoed that xray real quick.

I told Derek tonight, "I realized I was a Mom on Monday. When I fell on my butt, my first thought was not to focus on my pain, but to keep calm for the baby." I'm a mom. Not that I never was before, but this just made me realize that I was able to put aside my selfish needs, wants, etc for my child. Something I worried I would not be able to ever do. I guess I worried for nothing. I want nothing more than to protect her. Keep her safe. She is mine.

Wow, I'm a MOM!!!!! :) :) :)

1 comment:

Angie said...

Strange how those realizations come at times like this. You're already a great mommy!!