| You Are a Life Blogger! |
![]() Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible. |
I love reading blogs about peoples lives, which is probably why I love reading biographies, autobiographies, etc. One of the reasons why I loved "The Queen." While not a film of Epic proportions, it gave a biased insight into the thoughts and actions of the Royal Family during the events leading up to and following Diana's death. (Helen Mirren will likely win the Oscar, but I wonder how the other nominees stack up against her. I would say, she was good, but other than the eerie resemblance, I was not moved to rooting for her win 100% on Oscar night)
It is no secret that I am a "Royal Watcher", now I don;t analyze every detail but i could tell you a bit of info on them. I'm not fanatical, just fascinated. What bothered me about the film is: The portrayal of both Prince Phillip and Prince Charles. Is the Prince of Edinburgh REALLY that much of a jerk? Was Charles REALLY that paranoid and the wienie he was portrayed as? i always saw him as quite the opposite. Though I was pleased, at the time, to know he went to Paris following Diana's death.
One thing I was happy about was the fact that they did not try and paint it as a conspiracy theory of sorts. Though it did put Tony Blair in quite the spotlight. Perhaps in hopes of reminding people what he did for England in light of recent events and how the English view him today? I don't know.
What I do know is that Diana's death affected the world, not just England. Despite her emotional battles her "acting out", if you will, she still, showed the world how the Royal Family should be. They could learn alot from her charity work and her poise despite the constant media hounding she got.
Too bad the media...yes I said it...the Media ruined her life.

No comments:
Post a Comment