Tuesday, January 03, 2006

For Derek

I hope I never learn to take you for granted, though at times I know I have. You love with a love that is so deep. I never thought anyone would feel this way about me. My past has been filled with conditional love, and you love me even at my worst. When I am grouchy, you don't let it bother you. Not even one bit. And when i realize how horrible I am being, you rea assure me with an "It's ok baby". This is something I will never comprehend!!! How I can be so nasty and mean and you love me despite that. When I am angry at my job, you comfort me and reassure me that it will all work out in the end. I hope I never take this for granted

I hope I always remember how much you love me, but how could I forget. Most people get flowers and cards and such, but I get phone calls and emails and your heart. Those things are far more precious to me that flowers that will be thrown away and cards that will fade to yellow and become brittle. To hear you say "I love you" makes me melt. I thought I was unlovable!!!! You have proved me wrong

I hope I never ever have to live one day without you in my life. I don't know how I did before. Yes there were past relationships, but no on as truly patient (yes, with ME you are patient), and understanding, and giving as you. Just when I think my heart cannot hold another ounce of love for you, you give me reasons to love you more.

I hope we never stop laughing with one another. i love the sound of your laugh. I love that stupid things make us laugh. and I love hearing you say "You're a goofy head goofy head" My gosh your voice is so sweet!!!!

I hope we live to a long and happy old age together. All I want to do is grow old with you. To reminisce about the "good old days" and to tell our children and grand children the story of how we met and fell in love.

I love you baby, with all my heart

2 comments:

Derek said...

Ditto, honey. I hope I never take you for granteed, either. I love you so very much!

T said...

Thanks for making me sob like a baby! I'm SO happy for you, Katie. You deserve the best!

Speaking from experience (the one thing I wish I could change more then anything in my world!) don't ever stop loving AND appericating each other.