Monday, September 19, 2005

Sometimes the rainbow comes before the rain

Today it did at least. Around 5pm ish or so, or maybe it was closer to 6 or 6:30pm I looked up from my notes I had prepared for the upcoming teacher in service and out my window to see a bright orange/purple, cloudy sky and a rainbow. Not a drop of rain in sight, but a rainbow that got brighter and brighter with each passing minute. I ventured outside and found myself in awe of this HUGE rainbow that was hidden by the clouds at the top so that I could only see the sides of the bow and it was so bright that you could faintly see the double rainbow that was appearing. I thought to myself that I had never seen a rainbow before it actually rained. Or had I? Being the Youth minister that I am I IMMEDIATLEY started to think...how could I apply this to the kids and the struggles they face? How can I apply the metaphor Rainbow before the rain (there was a serious light show about an hour or so later)? Then I had to stop and remind myself to just take the time to enjoy the view!!!!!

I got up close and personal...ok not personal, but definitely up close with Johnny Depp....Pics to follow (look down and I'll have some pics posted shortly!!!! )It was such a fun day. E and I got to Hollywood on Friday at 5:45am and took our chances pf beiong in the line that would "possibly" get us up close to where all the action would be. I am soooooo glad I listened to E and went over to the line instead of staying across the street. the "possibly" produced a "golden ticket" and there we were pressed against a steel barricade waiting for almost 2 hours to get a glimpse of the Deppster. We were CLOSE....and after the ceremony (his hands and feet forever memorialized in poopy green colored cement, he came out and signed autographs. I was so close I could wipe the sweat off his brow. E felt sick and I was literally speechless. I got his autograph on a Corpse Bride poster which was very cool. What a day.

Later that evening, T came over and we went to Alfred Angelo to try on dresses, only they did not have me down for an appt. So we went to David's Bridal (after looking at some outrageous price tags on the Alfred dresses). As we pulled into the parking lot I glanced at a dress in the David's window and told T I wanted to try that dress on. So I did. First dress, fell in love. Tried on a few nmore, but nope...first dress was it. I told T my idea of putting beads on it in certain spots and she soon was in the "Yep that's your dress" mode. So I put the deposit down and the rest is history. I cannot link a pic or describe it, because my future husband reads my blog. So if you want to see it.....let me know and I'll get you the pictures!!!!! It's soooo pretty!!!!!

Ok, I need to post the Depp pics...below....so I'm done here for now!!!!

2 comments:

Todd Porter said...

cool beans, sis!

Daron Bilyeu said...

Way to go! My fiancee did the exact same thing. She saw one in a magazine and nothing else ever suited her. Congrats!