Thursday, September 29, 2005

Random

Tonight was fun. I got off work early and dropped some stuff off at the homes of 2 youth. Then I headed for Disneyland to meet up with a YS forumite and his wife. OMG Knotter and E are so super great!!!! We talked and talked and it was sad to see them go cause we probably could have talked and talked more. However, my back was hurting and they have to get up early to go to a YS convention. (5am airport shuttle pick up...yikes) If any of my YS friends have the opportunity, do not miss out on meeting these two. They are so great. AND if you ever need Mr. potato Head parts stuffed into a box (and you want a TON of them) Then Mike is your man!!!! I doubted he would be able to close the box, and of course, he was offended (Dude, I got to hear him say that in person, it was sweet!!!) and proved me wrong. He is the Potato Head parts stuffing king!!! All Hail Knotter!!!

Sad news on the Micechat front. Mt friend Dsnylndmom, lost her pretty little calico kitty, Sonic. Sonic was a beautiful kitty with a crooked head. I hear she was a joyfully happy and sweet cat. As soon as I heard the news I wanted to go and be with her family. Losing a pet is so terribly difficult. Especially for little ones. She has a young son, whom Sonic belonged to, who took it particularly hard. Both her kids did actually. Being that she and her family live 3 hours away, a trip to see them was not in the cards, so I am making other plans to help them honor Sonic.

Ok, ok, I admit it. I cried, I cried hard. I looked at my two boys who are now 8 yrs old and just thought of what I would do if I lost them suddenly, and I started bawling!!! Latte and Marley may truly be "just cats" to some, but they have seen me through some very tough times. they have been forever faithful and loyal to me. They are my babies, and Cordelia is too!!! If anything happened to them, I would be heart broken!!! I told Derek that my cats can never die, he agreed to the same terms for Midnight.

I find it so ironic how quickly we become so emotionally attached to our pets. Why? Is it because when the world is cruel, mean, nasty, nit picky, back stabbing and gossipy our pets see through all of that and love us just because we give them a home, food and love? I've always been fascinated by how easily these beautiful animals pull on our heartstrings and are quickly added to our extended family. I remember a mean, mean dog we had when I was younger, J.R. He was mean. He only liked my brother and if you so much as walked the wrong way by Kevin, J.R. would go into attack mode. He was awful!!! Yet, when the attacks got to be too much, we had to let him go. Not an easy thing to do by any means. As much as I was sick of my brother having to hold the dog so we could walk around the house (cause you know, even 20 ft was too close for this dog), I was heartbroken when he had to be put to sleep. I cried. He was a cute dog and his constant desire to want to pee on car tires always made me laugh. Yet, why? Why such a strong attachment to a critter who cannot speak, you has to be cleaned up after, fed, bathed, and what not? You'd think we woud never want to domesticate animals!!! So much work, yet so worth it. Especially lately for me. 4am wake ups by Cordelia to be loved upon. I love it, even if it is 4am.

Rest in peace Sonic!!!!!! And the same to all the animals who we have loved that have gone before you: Isis, Here-Tis, J.R., Ashley, Aloyisius, Peanut, Josh, Toto.......

3 comments:

Andrew Seely said...

Goodie Katie posted!!!!!

As for making sure Ahnold goes to mass, probably nothing I can do. Otherwise let the fourmites know that I'm bloggin and will be around the convention. Wish you were here with us. Talk to you soon.

'neice said...

I got to meet Knotter and E tonight after the general session! I wish we would have more time because they are so awesome! Glad you got to spend time with them as well!

beautifulmess said...

I'm as much of an animal lover as you Katie. I understand how much one pet can pull at your heartstrings like they do. Heck, your CATS even do that for me. I miss them! It's been great having Jake here, The Sweetest Dog On The Planet. And if anything ever happened to him, I'd definitely cry. He's family!

Weird how animals do that.

Peace!