Monday, September 19, 2005

The Deppster!!!!

Here is a timeline of our adventures:
E and I are anxiously waiting for the ceremony to begin. This was after we had gotten our "golden ticket" that led us to "ringside" seats
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Honorary Mayor, Johnny Grant reads a list of Johnny's accomplishments, but we kept yelling things at him to get his attention. I think he kind of liked it cause it distracted him from what was going on. He seems like the shy and humble type.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tipping his hat to the crowd
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Where's Danny??? That's Danny Elfman in the black shirt back there!!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We were screaming "WE LOVE YOU JOHNNY" and got a wave and a smile!!!! The girl next to me said he was "amazing" and he put his hand over his heart. It was cute
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

During his speech he admited that he did not know what to say. Poor guy. But he did tell the fans that we should be applauding ourselves because we have stuck by him. Ok I haven't but the other girls there have.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We really didn't get good shots of the ceremony cause he was surrounded by really big guys, so yea, only the media was able to get those shots. But, WE got to be closer to him than the media freaks (and the body guards kept saying to them, "You GOT your pictures already")
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Johnny was so great about receiving gifts and making sure EVERYONE got his autograph
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

He was quiet, and moved quickly, brought his own sharpie, and you know I remained calm and cool as he got closer!!! Which is odd for me
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

See what I mean when I say I was up close? I got so into taking this picture that I forgot to get his autograph
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Luckily when I asked him to sign my poster he stepped back and signed it for me. SO NICE
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

and what would a celebrity appearance be without people dressed as some of the characters from recent movies?

Jack Sparrow
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Willy Wonka (this guy had no front teeth though...pretty scary )
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


So that was my day!!!!!! Well, part of it at least. But I can't post dress pics, so :(

But Thanks Johnny for being so great to us fans who got up really early to come see you.

2 comments:

Derek said...

You need to post that other pic. You know, the one of you the Internet celebrity!

Kimmy Porter said...

Those are great pictures! I love your dress and am so envious of your Johnny Depp pictures.