Last night we had an Evening of Reflection for all the teachers and aides that will be helping out this year. It was a very nice evening put together by the Director of RCIA here at the parish. We were expecting 32 and only 15 showed. Not bad, but I am finding myself a tad disappointed in the few that said they would be here and did not show. No phone calls, nothing. It was frustrating. But the night went on.
One of the questions asked of us last night was "In regards to deepening my relationship with the Lord, I feel called to...." and I simply said to Pray and to serve. Then, before sharing I thought about what that meant:
To Pray: So many times during the day i find myself walking past the church, and not going in to pray. Or I glance at the rosary that lies on the prayer table behind me next to a very beautiful picture of the late Pope John Paul II. How many times do i stop whatever it is I am doing and just pray? I can tell you honestly, not often enough. And I want to change that. I am the type that if I don't write myself a note, i will not remember to do something. I write notes for everything!!!! So, with that in mind, i have decided that at home in a prominent place in my house I am going to create a prayer space. I have the perfect spot. It is by the door way that leads to my bedroom in my house. When I walk up the stairs I will see it. I will remember to pray, to take the time to offer up prayers of my friends and family to our Lord. I will pray for a few moments before I call Derek on my way to work (did that this morning...), I will spend a few moments in the silence of the church each day. And I will reflet on the daily scriptures. I better write myself a note so I don't forget to do that!!!!!!
To Serve: There is such a need in this parish community for evangelization and I will make sure that teens here are catechised and evangelized. The Amazing Encounter retreat that i have the desire to start, will be started.....that is my goal. I have youth who are pumped about it along with their parents and I knwo it will bring these kids closer to Christ. i will work my tail feathers off to get this up and running. I will not let these kids suffer from lack of knowledge, not just in mind, but in heart, of Jesus!!!!!
And with that...the paperwork piles upon my desk. I don't think there has been a week where i did not have a stack of papers to sort through, and things that needed to be completed, on my desk, and thorugh it all...He makes sure it falls into place and is completed in the way He sees fit. I'm no longer in control. i do not work for myself. I work for, through and with Him.
......and the work continues.
Thursday, September 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment